Sign in to follow this  
timelinex

Best insert grill for around $2000

timelinex    0

So I know this is the pool forum, but there isn't a bbq island forum and a bbq island goes naturally with the pool/spa scene. I've seen a couple other bbq posts on here too.

Within a month, a contractor is coming by and building me a built in island so I have to decide on a grill pretty fast. I know nothing about grills, and all my past ones have been cheap $200 ones that worked just fine (until they stopped). So thats why I'm reaching out.

95% of the grilling will be for steaks/burgers and veggies 2 people. However I definitely want to be prepared for the occasional big cookout. I'm not looking for something 'cheap' but rather a good value and quality for the money.

I've seen one option as being the weber s-660. The only issue with it is that it comes with built in doors. I don't like the look of it, and would rather the contractor build in our own doors and siding. Also, it looks like its sells for a bit under 3k, even though I see it being mentioned all the time that people have bought it under 2k. I just can't seem to find anything like that.

Any recommendations?

You don't say what part of the world you're in, but here are some thoughts. Obviouosly you've looked in to the Weber, seems though based on your simple needs a simple built like a tank unit may be the best bet. Another idea is any cart grill that can easily be separated from it's cart would also be a good candidate. Though I have not used it yet I will tell you I recently fell in to a product called Broilmaster. It is made right here in suburban Chicago. My take on it is it is built like a tank. Extremely heavy casting(s), simple 2 burner design with variable height cooking grates, and very low maintenance design. I have cooked on them and can testify they turn out great simple grilled meals. They are not cheap by any means. Pretty much expect to drop about $1500. but from what I see it looks like it can survive an atomic blast. Look here http://www.broilmaster.com/bm/ for info on them. Again these are just plain grills. Nothing fancy. No IR rotisserie burners and such. I will report more once I can get my newest acquisition up and running but right now (high temps -12F yes you read that right actual not wind chill for next week to 10 days) snow fall measured in feet so I am not doing ANYTHING outside.

Abeach2bum    0

My next door neighbor is building an outdoor island, and after exhaustive research he settled on one of these grills.

Summerset

I think he ordered one of the TR series which appear to be all 304 stainless construction, which is very rare at the price point of these grills. I also like the fact that you can buy the head and the cart separately, and they all come with LP/NG conversion kits.

I will be anxious to see his grill when he takes it out of the box. I think he told me he has about $2000 in the package he bought which consisted of a set of stainless steel doors, 2 SS drawer units, and a separate side burner.

Something to look at besides Weber.

timelinex    0

ok so I went to my local BBQ store and found a grill that I think is in my price range and seemed like a quality product.

http://www.deltaheat.com/32-outdoor-gas-grill.shtml

Its $2000 + tax.

The salesman said Delta heat is the economy line of the Twin Eagles brand, but it is still very high quality for the price range.

What do you guys think?