Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Ronald

In search of a tablet

5 members have voted

1. 1. which tablet do you own

• Ipad mini
    • Ipad 2 (retina
    • Nexus 7
    • Ipad 4
    • something else

5 posts in this topic

Not trying to start a war

Just asking a question

I have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 phone that I love

I thought it would actually take the place of a tablet.

It is real close but sometimes you just need a larger screen

I have an 11 inch Linux laptop that does all my heavy lifting

Im looking for something to suppliment the laptop but be lighter

Since you already have a Samsung phone, why not a tablet?

The 8 inch tablet is fast and will automatically download everything you have on your phone. If you want to go bigger, then the 10 inch model is just as good. I got the 8 inch tablet to try out some software and it was too big to use effectively as a camera, but, all of the software worked and the S4 phone I ended up getting has a better camera and is easier to handle. I use the phone for my home inspection reports and do the entire report on the phone.

Since you already have a Samsung phone, why not a tablet?

The 8 inch tablet is fast and will automatically download everything you have on your phone. If you want to go bigger, then the 10 inch model is just as good. I got the 8 inch tablet to try out some software and it was too big to use effectively as a camera, but, all of the software worked and the S4 phone I ended up getting has a better camera and is easier to handle. I use the phone for my home inspection reports and do the entire report on the phone.

I got an Ipad a 16 gig mini retnia yesterday

The funny thing is I originally got the Note 2 so I wouldnt have to get an ipad mini.

It works great for 95 percent of what I do

It was that last 5 percent that made me HAVE TO get and ipad mini

Android does not have an approved Outlook Webmail app that would work with my work email

Buying an Ipad Mini Retnia was a no brainer for me since I can now work from home 3 or 4 days a week.

Not having to commute saves me Time, Gas, Money and improves my Quality of Life

My commute was 4 to 6 hours a day depending on weather conditions and traffic

Not having to be in this cold the last couple of days has been a blessing

A side benefit is that I am now able to use IMovie and Garageband without having to buy a MAC

The Engineer in me knows that AOS and IOS are both running on top of Linux

They are more alike than people think

In fact the cpu's in the ipads are actually made by Samsung

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (much improved over the former Note 10) and it has almost replaced my much loved Sony VAIO laptop -- something my Nexus 7 could never do. The exception is large spreadsheets and Sketchup -- I still hope to resolve these. The Note 10 2014 has really simplified my daily computing and my ability to get things done. (Wish I had it right now to write this.)

Black Friday, my wife decided to move us to smartphones -- 2 free Galaxy S4s when starting new data service. The converse of Samsung phone to tablet is also true. Easy move of all tablet apps, files, experience to the S4. But also lots of redundancy which is why I don't happen to have my Note 10 with me.

Rich