Sign in to follow this  
Sugan

First Time Grill

Hi,

I am looking to buy a grill for the first time. My budget is less than 400$ and we cook only chicken or vegetables at home. Can you please let me know your suggestions on the best grill to buy.

I see that weber grills are great but i am not sure if it is worth the 400$ price.

Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Well first unless you buy a "Q" model or used you will not get a Weber for $400. That being said at $400 and less there is a lot of what is mostly imported Chinese junk porch ornaments out there. Now if you're happy dropping $400 in to the waste dump every 2 years that is fine. However if your budget is truly only $400 my suggestion is grab a Weber Q300 series grill (if you're stuck on buying a new one). Otherwise a good resource is Craigslist. Many times you can find true bargains on high quality stuff witness my own finds, $40 Weber Q220 WITH a cart, $50 Weber Summit 450, $150 Wolf 6 burner all 304 SS grill, $free Broilmaster P3 Premium grill.

Many times these "finds" only need some time and elbow grease (maybe a few low $$$ parts) to make them like new and you the envy off the neighborhood.

Here is good cheap grill, you will have to keep the cart waxed so it doesn't rust but the grill should last a long time.

http://m.acehardware.com//product/index.jsp?productId=2658788

But the weber sprint is going to have more even heating a better quality overall.

Agree with the comments on the Spirit and Q grills. Either would be a fine choice. Here's another option.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_221884-65173-666664_1z0ye8r+1z0yflr+1z10dhx__?productId=3305646&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1%26page%3D1&facetInfo=Yes|Huntington

The Huntington grills appear to be good buys. Good reviews so far and their CS is pretty good.

Hi,

I am looking to buy a grill for the first time. My budget is less than 400$ and we cook only chicken or vegetables at home. Can you please let me know your suggestions on the best grill to buy.

I see that weber grills are great but i am not sure if it is worth the 400$ price.

Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Hello

There are some things you failed to mention

Before you spend your money you need to no the following

1 How often do you cook?

2 How many do you cook for?

3 What is the climate where you live?

4 Will this be your only grill?

5 Do you want Natural Gas, Propane, Pellet, Electric or Charcoal?

6 Are there any HOA restrictions ?

7 What size grill area do you have?

8 How long do you expect the grill to last?

Until you can answer these questions

You really dont no what you need

While cost is important

You buy a grill based on need and Total Cost of Ownership