Sign in to follow this  
moshik

Your impression from the Grandhall Odeon 32 grill

Hi,

I saw this grill and impressed by the CrossRay technology.

Couldn't find any reviews on the web.

Can anyone review this grill?

Thanks

Moshik

Do yourself a HUGE favor and avoid Grand Hall like the plague if you value your hard won $$$$$. Stick with tried and true solid performing product(s). I have to say I have become a HUGE fan of these http://www.broilmaster.com/bm/ enough so that had I had a chance to actually use one side by side to the Genesis II I bought 20 some years ago I don't think I would have bought the Genesis. The dealer was extolling the virtues of this product and another very similar from what is now MHP, but I looked at the simple (even rudimentary) design, lack of an extra burner, no side tables and the price tag (about the same as the Genesis was at the time $500 or so and I went for the Genesis. I cannot say I have ever been unhappy with my Weber products. Nope far from it, but a BIG but, after acquiring a Broilmaster last winter, and getting it going about a month ago I have to say I have only touched the Summit once and the cover is still on the big bad Wolf. Yeah it's THAT good. Not only that it ain't from China :D

Do yourself a HUGE favor and avoid Grand Hall like the plague if you value your hard won $$$$$. Stick with tried and true solid performing product(s). I have to say I have become a HUGE fan of these http://www.broilmaster.com/bm/ enough so that had I had a chance to actually use one side by side to the Genesis II I bought 20 some years ago I don't think I would have bought the Genesis. The dealer was extolling the virtues of this product and another very similar from what is now MHP, but I looked at the simple (even rudimentary) design, lack of an extra burner, no side tables and the price tag (about the same as the Genesis was at the time $500 or so and I went for the Genesis. I cannot say I have ever been unhappy with my Weber products. Nope far from it, but a BIG but, after acquiring a Broilmaster last winter, and getting it going about a month ago I have to say I have only touched the Summit once and the cover is still on the big bad Wolf. Yeah it's THAT good. Not only that it ain't from China :D

Thank you underthehood,

Do you base your negetive opinion on the Grand hall from experience(yours or friends)?

Did you have an experiance with specific model of Grand hall?

Do you familiar with the CrossRay technology?

Need someone that have such grill and can review it.

My main feature that I'm looking at grill is that it will have a homogenous(equal) temperature all over the Grill area.

Thanks

Moshik

It's based on personal BAAAAAAAD experience. You can find this so called cross ray in other imported stuff. Recently I saw it in something called a Kitchenaid at Sam's but it was short lived as that was maybe a year ago and they have not shown it since. Stick with tried and true grills. You cannot go wrong with Weber and as some have noted I have recently acquired and began using a Broilmaster P3. Very simple unassuming design. Only 2 burners and you scratch your head and wonder how can it be any good. And that exact thought is why I bought a Weber Genesis II about 22 years ago. But I can say without hesitation had I tried them both before plunking down money I would have a 22 yo Broilmaster on my deck. Not that the Genesis was/is "bad" in any way. My brother is using it currently after going through a couple pieces of Grand Hall and Nexgrill "stuff" and he cannot believe what he's been missing all those years. I was actually going to "flip" the Broilmaster but the only way that thing is leaving my deck is to be pried from my cold dead fingers ;-)

I can't speak for Grand Halls quality leave now, but I owned one about 10 years ago that bought at Sams. I cooked well enough and GH cust service was very good. But the grill became a rust bucket in short order.CI burners don't cut it in the Mid-Atlntic region.