Beef'n'Bacon

Newbie Looking for a Grill!!!

Yep, I did ribeyes, corn on the cob, and gigantor portobello shrooms on the Broilmaster. I acquired the folding SS top rack, so corn roasted on top, steaks went on the right with the lower height (grate closer to fire) and shrooms on left. Great marks, good flavor on all. I just wish I could find a good ribeye. I swear the price of meat has quadrupled and the quality has gone down as much. Today's "choice" grade meat I am buying seems like "select" grade in quality. I may have to break down and go to a local butcher I know even though he's VERY inconveniently located in down town Rockford.

So after two weeks I'd had it with the Char-Broil. Couldn't stand having to thoroughly clean it every time I used it, and I mean thoroughly... The 'infra-red' holes got all gummed up every time and I had to get in there with a fine toothed brush to unplug all the holes. Also in learning that I can't use stainless steel brushes on it, because it would kill it, I decided that enough was enough. I returned it and bought a spirit e320, due to budget constraints, which I've used and much happier with it!

Beef, good decision dumping the Charbroil. Even Weber's entry level gas grills will outlast the CB by a long time. The IR Charbroils are a pain to keep clean and will rust even if you religiously clean them. Good luck with your new Weber.

Couple month update for the folks here! Had the Weber for little over 3 months now and have blown through my first tank of propane! We usually use the grill about once a week, often more. Had a couple big cookouts and the grill never showed stress. Only issue I had was from not following instructions about how to correctly turn it on which hit the safety on the gas lines and kept the grill at 200F which was a tad confusing. But that got figured out and no other issues. We have a whole foods that opened up near us in NH so I'm really excited to get some quality meats (not too much selection around here, and butcher shops cost an arm and a leg).

Also as the holiday season approaches, I'm going to be expanding my bbq'ing skills into smoking (smoked turkey for thanksgiving, yes please!) so keep an eye out for that thread ;)

Thanks again for all the words of advice, and happy grillin'!

Hey what part of NH you from? Originally from Errol then transplanted to Salem senior year in high school a million years ago.

B&B

After my ather retired from the chAir Force we settled in Errol Nh then later moved to Salem. I headed to the un-college in Annapolis MD graduated 4 years later did 30 years in the Navy and have not been back other than to visit. My sister still lives in W Quincy Ma. Very familiar with the Salem, Derry, Plaistow, Hudson, Nashua area along with multiple tours through the Budweiser brewery in Merrimac.

I have had 2 Charbroil grills, a 3 burner RED and a SRG. Both of them rusted out in just about 2 years, and that is with keeping everything clean and keeping them covered. Will never purchase them again. I am now looking for a new gasser and I also looking into getting a smoker. Learned my lesson. Not only problems with the grills rusting, they also warp from the heat. I do not even remember how many u-troughs I went through

A lot will depend on the price range you want to shop in, and your needs re, size, type of use and so on.