Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
cuskit

Making Sawdust..

12 posts in this topic

So, I'm still piling up sawdust in my shop - presently I'm on the final stages of an entertainment center with a double sided fireplace attached. Since I took literally dozens of hours of video, I'm editing as much as possible and uploading it to my YouTube channel. Check out the attached link to see this "Part One" video as well as several others I've uploaded.

This unit also doubles as a room divider with a five foot television on one side (guess who's side) while the opposite side has ample storage for his most patient wife. In the same room I'm also building a hutch to fill the void left when the owner removed the existing gas fireplace on a different wall. This video is only Part One of what should be several, probably at least a half dozen.

I urge you to subscribe to my YouTube channel so that you can be notified when more videos get uploaded. Meanwhile, be sure to give a thumbs up! Thanks and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhUtTvARN5U

post-640-0-73432400-1431934217_thumb.png

Nicely done, very impressive quality and workmanship! And you still have all your fingers?

Ok! Time to go smoke ONE slab of ribs!

Look forward to video updates!

Don - thanks for the compliments! Yep, 10 fingers and still counting.... I'll have Part 2 up by Saturday if not earlier.

I've passed on smoking my own ribs this weekend, Patty has a big ham she's working on as my daughter (Jodi) and a friend is coming home until Sunday - I'll be driving them back to NYC myself that evening. Did I mention she's going to be teaching at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) soon? She's still keeping her position at Wallace Church as Design Director, but will be starting to get her foot in the door teaching as that's her long term plan for the future (teaching). I'm busting with pride over her accomplishments! :wub:

Monday I'm going to a huge party that will have tons of huge slabs of ribs through which I'll be mowing my way for several hours! I've finally (somewhat) caught up with my work schedule, but those horrific hours will be back beginning second week in June as I've kinda overbooked myself somehow. I had a full schedule already, but added another kitchen remodel last month without realizing the current job client was going to add three more rooms of built-in furniture to his Contract. Sigh. Couldn't turn it down - both a huge pleasure to build as well as financially rewarding due to a very attractive pricing the client agreed to. So, what are you going to do? Me - I don't know anything else besides working 100 hours a week. Oh geez. Forgot I'm gonna be 65 in November. The body is beginning to fight these long hours. Yikes! :wacko:

Meanwhile - have a great Memorial Day weekend yourself and all others reading here!

mike

Sawdust indeed! You are an amazing man, Mike! How you manage all those hours is far beyond me. And the wonders you produce -- those I understand (the product of all those hours!). Your skills are tremendous my friend. I continue to stand in awe.

I'm on your YouTube page now (though I'm not a big YouTube guy) and am subscribing. Gonna watch and learn.

As for me, my sawdust efforts are continuing but fragmentary. I look back on the last three years of my life (leading up to the attack/surgery and my mother's death two years ago now) and see a blur of home and life management that is almost beyond belief. And then I think about you and what you've been doing all with Sandy thrown in to fill your spare time!! My results are nice and rewarding (from forest to beautifully landscaped lawn) -- but yours are what people like me dream about.

Rich

Awesome, Mike! Just awesome! As I said, I'm not much of a YouTube guy, but now I wish I had started following you years ago! And whodda thunk you too would be a Gilmour, Beck, etc. fan? Haven't seen those videos yet, but going to the top of my list.

Rich

Hey Rich, just now saw your posts here (sorry I've not been that active here lately). Gilmour, Beck? Hell yea! Magic on the strings gets me every time - and those two can really do it. Check out Jeff here, awesome is a real understated word... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC02wGj5gPw&list=PL6313DE620F55B840&index=4

We must have a connection, Mike! Last night I was exploring Spotify (which I finally started) and tracking one thing to another led me eventually to this Beck album. Stunning! What a history he's had. Spotify has a great story on why he never gained the popularity of Claption, Knopfler and other 60s/70s guitarists. "Day in the Life" just grabs me...

I also just (finally again) got Chromecast installed and working (been sitting on a shelf for 16 months!), so I'll be watching your videos and music big screen and great sound. (But I couldn't resist Clapton and Bonamassa together.)

See -- that's why we and others have so much trouble staying in contact here -- it's a matter of scope!. They used to say that the guy who dies with the most toys wins. Still true for the most part, but expanded to most toys and most activities...

Rich

Rich

Mikey and Rich -

I have a video recording of a concert in England - search it -Knebworth 90. What a lineup - Clapton, Knopfler, Elton John and a host of others. I no longer have a working VCR so I can't watch it - but it looks like Amazon has it - what don't they have? I want to come back as Clapton in my next life.... As I recall there was a song with most of them on stage at the same time - its great!

Scott - I did just check it out, well, I started about 2 hours ago. So many videos of that concert it'd take all night to hear them all. Signing off right now with this great "Money For Nothing" (Knoplfer and Elton John). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPjxz4LGak&list=PL74FF8ED865FB1B80

One of my favorites because it features my shop in the lyrics "Custom Kitchens".... LOL! Thanks for sending me to Knebworth - that had to be one of the all time great concerts given what I've seen across the last two hours!

mike

Great video here - thanks for posting!

Inspired me to get out there and smoke this weekend! Lets get these ribs.....

Great footage - keep them coming.

Thanks! Here's a few of my latest uploads:

Is Your Job Killing You? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j2Yly0g2-w

Oh My God! Did I Just Cut Off My Hand? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UuTYbwvEaM

How To Build Mid-Century Modern Furniture Part One https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdhaxIacQF0

If you enjoy any of these videos and would like to see more, please SUBSCRIBE to my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwX5lisHpiEuC1E8uq0mCw?view_as=public