Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Don S

Spares, trimmed and juicy

10 posts in this topic

Thought I'd post pics of my spare ribs cooked for the 4th

Cooked on green egg knock off!

Turned out pretty good

image.jpg

Nice!

Don, they look awesome! Have you had any trouble adapting to only making up a couple of racks versus hundreds of racks? :rolleyes:

My 4th was kinda lame. I worked until 6:00 and then brought home Chinese takeout from my favorite Asian restaurant; http://store7.geomerx.com/szechuantokyo/index.cfm?fuseaction=. Pepper steak, shrimp rolls and a side of bbq ribs (bone-in, Chinese style) which I have to admit were pretty much the best I ever got there. Wishing I had ordered a large side portion instead of a small (10 ribs vs 6 ribs). My favorite order taker lady (what else would I call her) told me they sold a record amount of ribs that day. She asked me if that's a popular meal for the 4th. I merely asked her how long she's been here (she came over from China). Cute little girl - always greets me by name and asks how my wife is. :unsure:

mike

Tough cooking for two

Don, they look awesome! Have you had any trouble adapting to only making up a couple of racks versus hundreds of racks? :rolleyes:

My 4th was kinda lame. I worked until 6:00 and then brought home Chinese takeout from my favorite Asian restaurant; http://store7.geomerx.com/szechuantokyo/index.cfm?fuseaction=. Pepper steak, shrimp rolls and a side of bbq ribs (bone-in, Chinese style) which I have to admit were pretty much the best I ever got there. Wishing I had ordered a large side portion instead of a small (10 ribs vs 6 ribs). My favorite order taker lady (what else would I call her) told me they sold a record amount of ribs that day. She asked me if that's a popular meal for the 4th. I merely asked her how long she's been here (she came over from China). Cute little girl - always greets me by name and asks how my wife is. :unsure:

mike

mike

Today's leftovers

REDNECK FRIES

figure it out

image.jpg

Tough cooking for two

The spares look great, Don. Better than my baby backs which were a bit over done. But still crisp and fantastic under that crust!

Cooking for two IS very tough. Especially when one won't even smell the ribs because of the possibility of a reaction. <sigh> So it's just for one in that case -- with maybe a some non-meat item prepared before for her.

Rich

The spares look great, Don. Better than my baby backs which were a bit over done. But still crisp and fantastic under that crust!

Cooking for two IS very tough. Especially when one won't even smell the ribs because of the possibility of a reaction. <sigh> So it's just for one in that case -- with maybe a some non-meat item prepared before for her.

Rich

I absolutely agree, my wife got tired of smoked foods years ago! Best I could get out of her on this batch was "they're OK!"

They were better than that IMHO

Having leftover pulled pork sandwiches tonight.

Yeah, when you've cooking for one, the leftovers get to be very important! Somethings may not LOOK as great (like grilled potatoes or chili rellenos), but I think they still TASTE great! And mostly I'd rather eat leftovers than spend the time needed to start from scratch. So I'll fix 4 small chilis instead of 2 and enjoy the extras a day or two later. Some things, like properly grilled ribs, I find are better to reheat on the grill than in the microwave. But often the drying effect of the grill is more than most foods can handle if leftover.

Isn't it amazing the things you learn when you have to grill for one?

Rich