sonypc100

Genesis e-330 (current model) heat deflectors in S/S?

Hi

I got my genesis in 2011 when the new model came out and just getting out for a spring clean after our British winter.

Ive got S/S for the flavorizer bars and the grills but just wondered if you can also buy the heat deflectors in S/S?

And if so if they are worth getting or is it worth sticking with the ceramic version?

I like S/S and its easy to clean - I just pop it in a bag with S/S cleaning lotion and it comes out new!

If Weber do sell them, can someone let me know the model number?

Thanks

Rich

To the best of my knowledge they are not sold in SS.

Quick look on the web and grillparts.com has them item # 65505 for $22.99 US. Not sure if the item number is a Weber number or a grillparts.com stock number.

Thanks, have taken a look on grillparts and does seem to be the right item. Its funny how they dont seem to exist via Weber but grillparts do say it is a genuine Weber part - I think I'll order.

If you order the SS genesis does this come with the SS heat deflectors as standard I wonder?

Not sure if it is standard on the SS variant. Most likely is.

With that said I did find a parts breakdown/schematic on the Weber site and part number 65505 is a valid number for SS heat shields.

Not sure if it is standard on the SS variant. Most likely is.

With that said I did find a parts breakdown/schematic on the Weber site and part number 65505 is a valid number for SS heat shields.

Thanks have ordered from grillparts - I'll update this thread when Ive got them.

Got them!

Waiting for me at my hotel in Vegas.

Was expecting a Weber box as with all my previous accessories but they just arrived in a Jiffy bag - hope they are genuine Weber!

post-10116-0-37608900-1461021243_thumb.jpeg

Glad to hear you got them. Now lugging them back to the UK after a Vegas holiday I'm sure will be worth the wait to test them out.

As long as they fit, if they are good quality SS then I don't know that genuine Weber would really matter. For example, if rcplanebuyer had them, I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Though after 3 years, my standard PCI heat reflectors are still holding up though they are quite corroded. Will likely replace this year, so thanks for the info about grillparts.

Please do let us know if they fit properly.

Yes they fit perfect and holding them next to the old ones they seem to be cut exactly the same.

The are very light, lighter than I expected but this isn't an issue just an observation.

I've no problem with buying third party parts but as they was sold as genuine Weber parts I just hope they are.

Pic attached. Will keep the old ones as spares.

post-10116-0-23346300-1462746712_thumb.jpeg

All good to know, thanks for sonypc100 for the update and to you guys about the new Webers coming with SS. I may try to hit Weber up for a replacement as mine are inferior. :wacko:

All good to know, thanks for sonypc100 for the update and to you guys about the new Webers coming with SS. I may try to hit Weber up for a replacement as mine are inferior. :wacko:

I'd say that is worth a try. You paid for the stainless internal parts and yet didn't get some that they are even including on the regular 330s today.