Sign in to follow this  
timsen

Converting Weber S-660 from LP to NG

Hey all,

I'm aware of how to do the conversion in general but wanted to check if I got the parts right. So anyone with access to weber parts lists and who's up for sparing a few minutes, please let me know if I'm correct! :)

To convert the S-660 (most recent model) from LP to NG, I'll:

- replace the existing Orifice's with "Orifice For Burner, With Nut - Part Number: 70385" - I guess 6 of them?

- install "Bulkhead Assembly - Part Number 82795"

Did I miss anything?

Thanks,

Tim

Weber does not sell the parts to do so

of course they do. They sell every single part of the grills so you could build one from the scratch. There are only few parts different between LP and NG versions.

They do not sell kits but they sell parts. This requires to look up the correct parts though and I'm asking if anyone is able to double check if I got the parts right.

Timsen,

Think what "hood" was trying to say is weber will/does not sell a conversion kit to go from LP to NG or vice versa.

First question they will ask you when you call is "did you register your grill with us?". If yes they have your serial# of the grill and then know what you are doing. If you answer no if you give them your serial # once again they know what your doing.

If you have a friend with a NG grill like yours have him order the parts for you with his serial# and pass him some suds.

For what its worth I have done the same dance you are attempting and avoided Weber and bought my parts from the Appliance Factory website. No questions asked that way. At the AF website they have all the manuals and you could compare each unit to verify you have correct parts. Pay attention to the valves and orifices required.

I'm not sure what a 660 is but IIRC it may be a built in version of the old 650 model. To do this correctly there are 2 ways to go. First is a complete manifold with the proper valves and orifices. The other is DIY.. Redrill the orifices to the correct value depending on the line pressure available to your grill and whether or not you'll use a NG regulator with the grill. Additionally you have to disassemble the valves and slightly open up the medium and low ports on the valve cone. This one is trial and error

Thanks, both!

The 660 is a built in version of the 670.

I was planning to swap the orifices instead of drilling them, just to make it 100% right. There are enough suppliers where one can by them so I don't need to get them from weber directly.

Do you think the valves might be different between the LP and NG version? That would mean I'd need to swap the entire manifold ($200) as the valves aren't available as spare parts.

-Tim

I don't know on the version you have. If yours was (as I originally thought) the built in version of a 650 than yes definitely the valves are different, BUT, if the valves on yours are like the valves on the Summit Silver I did the conversion on for my brother than those valves have a much different metering setup with a continuous orifice rather than 3 fixed (low, med, and wide open). So when I did his I simply determined if he wanted to hook it up with or without a regulator, we measured his gas pressure and I set the main orifice sizes for the all the burners correctly.

OK, thanks!

I'll get the NG manifold including valves and orifices. Maybe I can sell the LP manifold to someone in the future who wants to convert from NG to LP :)

Be aware you have to convert the side burner and rotisserie IR burner separately

Thanks! Already checked that.

The rotisserie burner is the same for LP and NG. Just the orifice and valve is different. No side burner on the built in version