yooper829

Weber Redesign for 2017

Ok the current line of Genesis and Summit grills are being reworked for 2017.....which means 2 things.

One is new grills! And two is good deals on existing grills come September when MAP pricing is reduced. I have no details on the redesign right now, just pictures of the new grills. I'll have more information after the Ace hardware show in Chicago which takes place the middle of August. Stay tuned!

yoop

post-7665-0-40432900-1469152862_thumb.jpegpost-7665-0-83567800-1469152872_thumb.jpeg

Nice! Looks like Weber is going retro on the Genesis. Looks like an old 'redhead' Personally, I like a closed cabinet though.

Interesting, yooper. I notice that they are Genesis II. A 4-burner and a 6-burner; the 4 with open cabinet, the 6 with closed. Looks like both have an enclosed tank area. Could be rather radical for the Genny, but we'll need to see the details.

Don't know where you see Genesis. Unless I am going blind LOL I cannot read the name tags.

Woo-hoo!!! Looks like they may be adding the ratchet type pivot for the cover on the Geni (similar to the current Summits). Maybe I'll finally be able to replace my veteran redhead.

Hood, actually it says "Genesis II". I just clicked on the thumbprint and expanded with my touchscreen. I agree somewhat with Chris B that putting the propane compartment off to the side distorts the visual. And SFV hit a good point if he's right about the hinge, though I don't see how he can tell. Overall, I think it's an attempt to lower the cost (not neccessarily the price?) of the Genny. But whether it's the same grill remains to be seen. I've said often that the front control version of the Genny is, IMO, the best so far (although the earlier E/W burners were nice for some cooks). This doesn't look like the same grill, but wait and see.

These look really great! Where did you get the images? Are they for real or just some concepts that won't see production?

Its funny as I just finally got rid of my old redhead and though that Weber should do some retro designs to tap into the flavor of their original Genesis models. I guess that was an obvious move and I'm glad they are doing it. Will definitely get one if they didn't somehow goof up the rest of it.

*** I'm trying to work out by these images how wide they are. If you assume they did not get shorter in height an the lids did not become super short, these guys must be super wide with more grilling space, right? See the image I made below trying to size them approximately equally based on the small casters and knbs. the new one looks nearly 50% wider in cookspace, but lid clearance looks shorter.

Yoop, if you have any feedback on this I'd love to hear it.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-09%20at%208.08.5

Maybe related to this, Lowe's is offering $100 off on any Genesis.

Good day to all of you. Brand new here and hoping I may have discovered a viable resource to have some questions answered.

Forty-something former owner of a Weber Genesis grill from the late 90s. Don’t recall the model because quite frankly I didn’t care. Was single then but married with a large family now, and I’m attempting to take on a more active role in our cooking and meal plans. Attempting, to be honest, is the operative word. I know the basics but fundamentally speaking even those require revisiting.

That said, looking to make a purchase in the coming weeks of a Weber gas grill. Leaning toward the Genesis e-330 but my first question is whether they can be had new for less than $699. Currently, our local Ace has it listed for that amount.

Also, I’ve heard a lot of talk about stainless innards versus the alternative, even so far as to suggest that certain stores only carry one or the other instead of both. This forum and others like it would have me believe S/S is the better choice, but I can’t honestly say I have enough experience to understand why. Your insight here, even if only dressed in opinion, is welcome and encouraged.

Also, regardless of my grill model choice, I understand it’s important to “break-in” and season the grill. Could most definitely use some direction here as well.

Up to this point I’ve cooked with all burners on, and I’m learning that’s not always a great idea.

Any other recommendations you may have for a rookie?

Basically, this is a big investment for my family. I’m not feeling as if my wife is giving me any grief about the choice to purchase this grill, just that I’m aware of the responsibility that follows such a decision.

I simply cannot buy it and sit idle. I will need assistance cooking correctly and using it the way it was intended. That certainly isn’t anyone’s problem but mine, however I’m inviting any of you that have had similar circumstances to chime in with whatever degree of feedback you feel may be helpful.

A lot to unpack, so thank you in advance for your reception.

CW

Sorry but your whole post is kinda rambling. I for one am not sure if you're asking "should I buy a Weber grill" or I bought one and I don't know how to use it effectively. So I am basically SMH (scratching my head) LOL. Bottom line though. If you have not bought a new Weber grill I would look seriously at other ones too. The Weber product is not the same as it was. And while they have a wonderful warranty they also have a bad habit of abandoning a product while it's under warranty then simply saying "oh so sorry we cannot help you". So what good is a say a 25 year warranty if 10 years in they decide they won't supply parts for the unit? Since most of the grills they make are pretty much made up of Chinese parts you know you're paying a VERY high price for that warranty. Not for any great quality of the product itself.

My recommendation is if you have not bought one new buy a decent used one of the older design and rehab it. It will be a much better grill and cheaper too

I would suggest Craigslist for a used Weber. And don't overlook the Q series. I have been using one for about 10 years now and it is fast for everyday use.

John

Can't figure how to load images. :(

On another forum someone got their hands on them. Sadly proudly made in China. So they've cheapened the product up a lot, now fully make it China and have proudly jacked the price to astronomical levels. Not a good company anymore IMO and not a product IMO worth buying.