RCsWeber

Need help to source 4 bolts

I recently was cleaning my E-330 and noticed that 3 of my gas tubes had rust holes towards the ends. It was covered under Webers warranty but when trying to remove the bolts 2 of the threads that are casted into the cook top snapped off. (see arrow below)

Weber sent me out a new cook box and I bought some food safe anti-seize to use and I wanted to use SS bolts too but I can't find the correct thread size? I went to ACE and the closest size was M6 but it was too loose. I called Weber and asked several reps but all they were able to find out was that it had a 5/16 head.

Does anyone know the correct size thread / thread pitch to use?

Thanks for any help!

Burner%20tube%20screw.jpg~original

Weber's bolt on the left / M6 on the right

threads.jpg~original

Weber's Part Number

Weber%20bolt%20pack.jpg~original

I don't know why you felt it necessary to remove those bolts. They are never supposed to be removed. The burners slide out from the other side. I believe they are 1/4" self threading/tapping but NOT sheet metal screws. Should be able to find them quite commonly. You're VERY lucky Weber sent you a new cook box BTW

Your post couldn't be more wrong. I tried to remove them because Weber's own instructions stated to do so.

And lucky...for what? The CS rep didn't even hesitate to send me a new cook box once I explain what had happened. I was on / off the phone in less than 2 mins.

And no, the screws aren't common at all...

Weber%20tubes.jpg~original

Is your grill a front knob or side knob? The original photo made it appear to be a side control model. If it's front control model I stand corrected as yes they DO need to come out. But the ones with controls on the side no. They should never be removed.

I was slow to respond due to the hurricane. My avatar and sig is my grill, E-330, so the burners are on the front

The correct bolt size is 12-24 x 1/2" for anyone needing them in the future. Nobody local carried hex head, they only carried phillips & flat head which are worthless for this application. I ended up having to buy some stainless ones online.

Did you put a little never seize on the bolts? I find whenever I disassemble anything on my grills using a little never seize on the threads helps immensely for the next time. How did you come through with the storm? Any damages? Hopefully things went ok with no or minimal damage.