fac201

Newbie Question Q3200 or E210

I'm a newbie on the grill scene and am looking to buy my first Gas Grill

I'm looking at a 2 burner but am stuck between the Q3200 or the E210. Both are pretty much the same price in Asia where i live. Neither are particualrly portable but thats not an issue for me..

The Q3200 seem to have slightly more cooking area, whereas the E210 has flavorizor bars..

I'm leaning towards the E210... Can anyone advise if thats the right decision for a beginning griller?

Cheers!

The new E210 models IMO are junk. The grill grates are spaced so far apart you can literally fit your whole finger between them. Stupid. They're also WAY more expensive than they have a right to be. For the same money you can buy a made in USA unit like this http://www.huntingtonbbq.com/grills.php?series=3&model=682584and you'll have 4 main burners, side burner, rotisserie burner AND rotisserie for about the same price as that over priced E210. That being said IMO the Q3200 is a FAR better grill in both performance and quality

fac, I don't know about either grill, but do use an older Q200 as a daily driver and love it. So I'd likely lean toward Q3200.

Hope you make a good choice for you. ;)

John

It depends on what your long term goals are.

Whatever you decide, get the older versions of the Webers.

The new series of grills from Weber are poorly made. I was able to look at all of them and even the $2K grill was poor.

The 210 is a cute little grill, the interchangeable grates are a nice feature. Add a rotisserie, and you are all set.

The Q has the advantage of being a portable grill. I take ours everywhere!

https://ericvandeven.wordpress.com/category/the-weber-q-200/

Getting back to long term.....Do you plan on cooking for more than 8 people at some time? Do you want to "experiment" with different cooking methods?

Here is a comparison of three grills.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/compare?errorURL=ProductAttributeErrorView&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&prodComp_1=203597722&prodComp_2=204671575&prodComp_3=202830392&N=5yc1vZc5t5Z1ls

The 210, the Q3200, and the Genesis E-330. The 330 is more money, but, offers a side burner, a sear station, and an extra burner. I have always felt that getting more is probably better than wanting more and not having it! :)

If it were between the 210 and 3200, and the grill was staying in one place, I would pick the 210. If I was going to take it to football games, the beach,etc..., then I would pick the Q3200

I would either get the Q or skip Weber altogether. The new ones aren't good. OTOH, some the grills made by Onward (Broil King Baron, for example) are made in either the USA or Canada and are quite solid.

+1 what Chris has said. The new Weber stuff is such a disappointment. That little 210 COULD be a nice little grill. BUT with the grate bars spaced so far apart nearly anything (unless VERY careful) will fall through. The spacing is over 5/8" so you could basically drop and entire steak between the grates. So forget about throwing some shrimp on there or asparagus, and many other things. As for using a rotisserie? I would not waste my $$$$ using one on it. Rotisserie cooking requires relatively high but indirect heat. No physical way on the 210, Heck even the new style Genesis grils are useless IMO for rotisserie cooking. The Q3200 (forgot who said this) is NOT a portable grill. It is attached to it's cart and only uses a 20lb tank. It has FAR more capability than the 210 and is FAR better made.

+1 what Chris has said. The new Weber stuff is such a disappointment. That little 210 COULD be a nice little grill. BUT with the grate bars spaced so far apart nearly anything (unless VERY careful) will fall through. The spacing is over 5/8" so you could basically drop and entire steak between the grates. So forget about throwing some shrimp on there or asparagus, and many other things. As for using a rotisserie? I would not waste my $$$$ using one on it. Rotisserie cooking requires relatively high but indirect heat. No physical way on the 210, Heck even the new style Genesis grils are useless IMO for rotisserie cooking. The Q3200 (forgot who said this) is NOT a portable grill. It is attached to it's cart and only uses a 20lb tank. It has FAR more capability than the 210 and is FAR better made.

It was me...sorry...