Nachos Please

Sedona by Lynx - ready to finish BBQ island

Hi team, many thanks for welcoming me to the community. I am thrilled to have stumbled across such a group of individuals.

I am currently planning a new outdoor kitchen and am considering the Sedona by Lynx L7000 ready to finish BBQ island and have a few questions;

Anybody have experience with Sedona's ready to finish products? any experience with the Sedona appliances?

I'd like to finish the siding with Ipe wood, but wanted to gather some experience from the community on wood siding on a BBQ island. I've seen some images on it done and it looks stunning. Sedona offers an Insulated Jacket that is required for installations in combustible enclosures. As the island is built with hardiback board, I assume the insulation jacket isn't needed, but thought I should ask the community.

Thanks in advance!

Sedona-by-Lynx-Ready-to-Finish-BBQ-Islan

That is a really neat way to go. I haven't built my island yet, but I like the idea of this type of kit. I see it includes everything in the photo but the finish. You may want to add a sink as well. The price was really good, considering everything that is included.

One question I have, while we are talking about islands, It it better to go with a single burner rather than a double? The double burners are so close, i wonder if both are usable?

HB is good to about 1500 degrees. I can't imagine what good an insulation blanket would do or even how or where it would be applied. As for burners, I recommend a single "bad ass" burner, not the wimpy ones in the dual setups.

HB is good to about 1500 degrees. I can't imagine what good an insulation blanket would do or even how or where it would be applied. As for burners, I recommend a single "bad ass" burner, not the wimpy ones in the dual setups.

Thanks Dave, so my assumption is that the HB should be sufficient and as long as the hardwood isn't touching the BBQ, we should be set?

I agree, I think an air space of 2" is what is required for metal chimneys. So as long as the wood is not in contact with the metal of the BBQ you should be fine.

BTW, we installed a WOK burner in ours. I highly recommend one. It can be used like a regular burner for pots.

DrDave,

I really like the idea of a WOK burner. Do you have any reccomendations for a good one to put in an island?

Thanks!

I got mine from Barbecues Galore. I don't know if they still have them but we love ours. When BBQG took down their Forum, fired 55 managers, including a great friend and their top salesman, then abandoned me, I stopped supporting them. I did this for free for almost 10 years.

Looks like I hijacked this thread. I have been perusing the web and found this:

https://www.bbqguys.com/blaze-outdoor-products/professional-built-in-natural-gas-high-performance-power-burner-w/-wok-ring-and-stainless-steel-lid-blz-propb-ng

Is this the type of thing you were looking at? I think is is a great idea for a side burner. Not very wide, and enough power to boil, or even fry a turkey.

I would keep looking, this one is too high priced and is not a WOK burner.