derpmcturd

Is a Kitchenaid Grill better than NexGrill? Aren't all KitchenAid

So I don't know much about NexGrill, but I know KitchenAid Countertop Appliances are really nice.

The grill I want to buy is this one > http://www.homedepot.com/p/KitchenAid-2-Burner-Propane-Gas-Grill-in-Black-with-Grill-Cover-720-0891B/205412604

I heard NexGrill imports chinese grills and allows KitchenAid to slap the KitchenAid Logo on it.

Would I have to go through NexGrill's supposedly terrible customer service if I ever needed help?

Thanks!

The ONLY way to avoid terrible service is to buy one of the premium brands (Weber, BroiMaster, etc.) KitchenAid grills are just as you described. Farmed out to a Chinese vendor. If you are a Sam's member I have looked at this https://www.samsclub.com/sams/6-burner-gas-grill/prod20650624.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1and it seems every bit as well done as most of the Chinese stuff (including Weber which is not totally a Chinese rebrand like everything else).

The ONLY way to avoid terrible service is to buy one of the premium brands (Weber, BroiMaster, etc.) KitchenAid grills are just as you described. Farmed out to a Chinese vendor. If you are a Sam's member I have looked at this https://www.samsclub.com/sams/6-burner-gas-grill/prod20650624.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1and it seems every bit as well done as most of the Chinese stuff (including Weber which is not totally a Chinese rebrand like everything else).

oh interesting choice of model, but unfortunately the one you linked is going to be waaaay too big for my balcony in my little condominium. So would the 2-year old KitchenAid model mentioned above be better than this other 2-Burner Model > https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-red-patio-grill/prod20612731.ip?xid=plp2670103-shop:product:1:3? The reviews on it are terrible.

The advantage you have at Sam's is basically a lifetime warranty. Sam's like Costco will refund your $$$$ if you're ever displeased with their product as long as you have the receipt. Frankly I can't see where any of these products are better/worse than another. They're all Chinese (read el-cheapo) stuff (even the Weber product for that matter). What you're paying for with the Weber product is NOT quality but support.

On another note for your application you may want to look for a Weber Q3XX or Q3XXX. They are outstanding products built like little tanks, cook like a dream and can be found used many times for very reasonable pricing. They are very easy to maintain too. For a small space application I would not hesitate to go that route. Weber also makes an electric version of the Q series grill in 2 sizes that cook very well. Which if you're going to use in a condo type environment you may find to be more appropriate as more and more condo associations are outlawing any grill using "flame".

Otherwise with all these Chinese built things it's a crap shoot.

After having owned two different Nexgrill "Jenn-Airs" I would suggest that you look at a different brand. Both JA's had firebox failures that Nexgrill could not remedy other than replacing the first one with a newer model, and then giving me a prorated refund for the second. You would do better buying a lowly Char-broil which would at least have good customer support. Take a look at Broil King; they have some small cast aluminum firebox grills with excellent support. that are not that expensive.

I agree with the Broil King reccomendation. HIgh quality and long lasting.