Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
wsteffey

Nexgrill Model 720-077

3 posts in this topic

I am in the process of fixing an older Nexgrill Model 720-077 grill.  It was abandoned at a rental house and I have been working on getting it back to grilling again.  The flame height of all main burners do not seem to change very much from the HIGH to LOW settings.  I looked into the gas valves to see if there was a low flame setting and there appears to be none.  I've replaced the LP hose from the tank from a new one. How high should the flame height be from the HIGH to LOW setting when turning the gas valve.  Any ideas will be a great help

Joe

Is the flame too low?  If the burners are cast iron, you may want to pull them and drill out the ports with a bit that is big enough to just knock out accumulated rust (you don't want to make them bigger by drilling and making the individual ports bigger).  By ports, I am talking about all the holes where the flame comes out.

I've done that with all the cast iron manifolds. I was careful not to enlarge the holes.  I had to replace one manifold because it broken as I found it.  The flame height doesn't seem to change very much from high to low setting when turning the gas valve. When it's on it's on. Turning to low doesn't seem to change the flame height.  I can take pictures if that will help. I looked to see if the valve itself had a setting to control flame height.

joe