Sign in to follow this  
vanole

Called An Audible This Morning

Planned on doing a load of beef plate ribs this morning on one of my BGE's or Primo. Woke up and changed my mind decided to some of them on my PK grill and the rest tomorrow on the BGE.

Guests of honor are resting comfortably at 275° for the past 2 hours. Have 3-4 hrs until finished.

Amazed at how this little cast aluminum grill maintains temp with little effort. Pretty good mizer on briquttes also.

Put them on at 0800 and just took them off 6hrs 55 min. Intial load of kingsford was 20 briquettes. Added 7 more briquettes at noon. Dont think I needed the 7 extra. Maintained 275° entire cook and pulled them at 187 internal.

Chris,

The PK can easily maintain that temp. I have actually held 225° with it for 6 hours on less than 30 briquettes. 

Much easier to control temps on this compared to my Kettle.

The PK is pretty thick walled cast aluminum grill. It has a slide vent on each end of the lid. The base also has a slide vent on each end. Very easy to dial in temp.

After you get the hang of it while grilling its practically flare up free.

The only thing in my opinion that the Kettle has over the PK is grate space for grilling. When smoking with either grill grate space differential is not that much.

Overall great little cooker, smokes almost as good as my BGE's.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have a 22" WSM that I am using for low and slow.  The Kettle never really worked to well for that purpose.