turtle

New Summit in 2018?

Even if it's not Black & Decker perhaps we can agree that the new management company is making decidedly bad moves. IMO taking almost all manufacturing to China IMO this indicates the management has "sold out" and is simply banking on the "name" to make profits. IMO the products began severely dropping in quality over the last 7 years or so. They are simply taking the company down the same path that all the other quality name brands we had have gone i.e. DuCane, Charmglow, CharBroil and so on just to name a few.

I definitely agree on that. I had the previous two Gennies but would never buy the latest version. Aside from the fact that I don't need or want a new grill, if I do get another, it will not be a Weber. I suspect that Customer Support will be (has been?) the next casualty.

'

On 11/6/2017 at 5:49 PM, underthehood said:

Even if it's not Black & Decker perhaps we can agree that the new management company is making decidedly bad moves. IMO taking almost all manufacturing to China IMO this indicates the management has "sold out" and is simply banking on the "name" to make profits. IMO the products began severely dropping in quality over the last 7 years or so. They are simply taking the company down the same path that all the other quality name brands we had have gone i.e. DuCane, Charmglow, CharBroil and so on just to name a few.

I agree with you on that. Definitely steered it in a different direction.  I have some very popular and very large Ace Hardware stores near me. Affluent suburbs of Philadelphia where money spent on a gas grill is nothing for man folks...same at our beach home in Cape May County.... They(Ace Hardware) have large, dedicated areas for Weber and BGE. I am underwhelmed by the high end Weber models. I think my distaste is in part due to the style. Having a cabinet underneath to store things out of view is necessary.  I have found that their customer service is still very good but has to be as the price points approach Viking and other high end brands