Sign in to follow this  
bluesin

Major Site Rework

Hey Folks,

Just a heads up that we want to see about bringing this site back from the near dead. I have been doing lots of site cleanup and reorganization as well as a significant upgrade and new themes. 

If anyone has any issues or questions then please let us know...

Dave

10 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Looks much better.

Thanks, just as an FYI, you can click the paintbrush at the top to select your own image background. the last three just show colors for some reason but there are images for them as well, not sure why the thumbnails don't show for them...

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

??? I don't see the paint brush.

Up at the top, my screen looks like this... Clicking it will expand the images, as I said the last three just show colors for some reasons but there are images associated with them as well if you click on them...

image.png

29 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Mine looks very different.

image.thumb.jpeg.9328d9f544ba3acd93dfa36aea5f1d28.jpeg

So at the bottom of the screen select the theme drop down and select the one that is checked here. It is set as the default one so most should see it unless they have selected a different one...

Dave

image.png

Dave - I think it's looking awesome! Loving the flame theme. You've done well - so much cleaner, brighter and a definite improvement over the old style. Thanks so much for your efforts!  mike

Think I'll go with the ribs for a bit!  :wub:

12 hours ago, cuskit said:

Think I'll go with the ribs for a bit!  :wub:

If anyone has a pic they want me to use instead of the ones I selected from google then let me know. A nice outdoor Island would be nice as well as festival pics...

Sorry this new "rework" is not working IMO. Don't really think there is anything here for me any more thanks to all these "improvements". I appreciate trying to keep it going but the whole site just does not make a lick of sense to me any more

3 hours ago, underthehood said:

Sorry this new "rework" is not working IMO. Don't really think there is anything here for me any more thanks to all these "improvements". I appreciate trying to keep it going but the whole site just does not make a lick of sense to me any more

So what about it doesn't make any sense anymore? 

All the click lists on the right, I don't know it just feels like unintuitive. Please understand not trying to "kick the shovel" out of anyone's hands it just seems to not lay out right and is very difficult to follow. I'll keep playing around with it maybe I'll get used to the weird (to me anyway) flow of it. It just seemed to make more sense prior to this latest reformat

I can make that a selectable option. I like it because it quickly filters all the posts to that section without having to actually navigate down into a forum, thus you can peruse a lot of forums very quickly. Plus being able to do multiple selections is cool as well. 

I can make it a user selectable option, the only issue is once it is selected you have to switch themes and back to change it back...

Dave

Not to worry. Seems to be making a little more sense now. I know you worked/are working hard on it. Far be it for me to criticize

5 hours ago, underthehood said:

Not to worry. Seems to be making a little more sense now. I know you worked/are working hard on it. Far be it for me to criticize

Totally open to suggestion on improvements, I think over time the site just got too complicated as far as different sections and forums and whatnot, especially as we lost so many manufacturers since the early 2000's when we basically launched 13 years ago after Don moved it from mindspring.

Plus facebook and social media has been a killer to community based websites, something that I hope can start to be reversed as social media just becomes a medium for the human rumor mill on steroids...

Im glad this place is up and active and was able to get a response.i was worried i wasnt going to get one or id have to resell the bbq i just picked up.