Sign in to follow this  
underthehood

DOes anyone know anything about this?

This https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/for/d/viking-frontgate-natural-gas/6279302437.html

is a CL ad I have been watching and in contact with the guy. I cannot find any real info about this Viking "Frontgate" line. It looks to be orphaned so I have no idea about burners, heat tents, grates or anything. Anyone here know much if anything?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, underthehood said:

This https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/for/d/viking-frontgate-natural-gas/6279302437.html

is a CL ad I have been watching and in contact with the guy. I cannot find any real info about this Viking "Frontgate" line. It looks to be orphaned so I have no idea about burners, heat tents, grates or anything. Anyone here know much if anything?

Thanks!

I don't know anything at all, perhaps call Viking?

https://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/category/customer-support?

looks like Frontgate is a rebadged Viking.  or this particular one is made for Frontgate by Viking.  I have seen other Frontgate products, I don't think they manufacture anything.  

Grill-parts.com sells Frongate parts.  If you can get the model number from the seller, you might check availability of parts there.  (you have to put the dash between grill and parts.)

Yeah oddly the model number does not correspond to anything on GrillParts as Frontgate but it does correspond to an actual Viking though the badge on the grill says Frontgate by Viking. Specifically I was looking into perhaps picking it up for a song BUT in doing my research I see 2 different types of burners for it. One type..........$165 ea the other $35 ea. HUGE difference. Guy selling it says it needs burners to his belief and he thought the previous owner had installed some type of "generic" so I find a bit of a quandary.

That is a tough one,  if you didn't have the Wolf, it might be worth the risk. hard to tell what the previous owner did to make the "generic" ones fit.  Have you been able to find an owner's manual online?

Well I went to look at it yesterday. The burners were original cast iron "U" shaped. Sadly the guy who has it was using it and it had a horrible (grease I am assuming) fire. The fire was so bad it melted the cooking grates (heavy 3/8" rods!) melted the manifold and valves it was REALLY sad. My estimate is that by the time everything would get replaced/rebuilt it would be WELL over $700 to $900 in parts. I have never seen anything so bad. Externally it was gorgeous. So so sad

3 hours ago, underthehood said:

Well I went to look at it yesterday. The burners were original cast iron "U" shaped. Sadly the guy who has it was using it and it had a horrible (grease I am assuming) fire. The fire was so bad it melted the cooking grates (heavy 3/8" rods!) melted the manifold and valves it was REALLY sad. My estimate is that by the time everything would get replaced/rebuilt it would be WELL over $700 to $900 in parts. I have never seen anything so bad. Externally it was gorgeous. So so sad

Wow, sounds like he is lucky to not have burned his house down...