Sign in to follow this  
vanole

What's Cooking

Smoked a Boston Butt last night will be taking it out of the BGE in an hour or two. Then later today will be grilling a Picanah and Tri-tip for a little neighborhood get together.

Did a wonderful slab of spares on my Summit yesterday. Low and slow with some nice oak smoke on them. Beautiful smoke ring, tender sweet and juicy no sauce required

Sounds awesome hood. Only have done one rack of ribs this year so far. Weather here is on the upswing after next day and half of rain. Ribs will make another appearance shortly.

Talk about bad weather our temps have been colder than we saw in Dec, Jan and Feb. For the first 3 weeks of April we got snow at least twice a week plus ice accumulation. We've simply extended January. Funny when temps got to 40 it felt so nice and warm. So yeah I've been cooking on my garage "herd". Last fall I picked up a Genesis Silver B in great shape for $20! It's a NG but I threw in some different orifices and have it in the garage on LP alongside my Q220. These along with my Lodge 2 burner cast iron grill for my stove top have been pressed into service. We've had a very hard and loooong winter here. So the deck grills have remained under cover until just this week!

I currently have RCPlanebuyer designing some new heavy stainless cook grates for my Wolf grill, and thanks to issues with my Summit this year it's going to go away. Though I will confiscate those nice stainless steel grates from it for my Genesis and I will sell it with the cast iron grates off the Silver B.

I also just rehabbed a sweet little Genesis Silver A and gifted it to a good friend of mine from my small group bible study from church. He was having some minor financial issues and asked could he buy a grill from me. So I surprised him and his wife with that gift plus a full tank of LP. They love it

Sure wish we saw more participation here

Keep grillin!

Hood, thats pretty darn nice of you passing along a nice grill to a friend in need. Hats off to you. Agree its a shame its so quiet around here.

On 4/24/2018 at 7:01 AM, underthehood said:

Sure wish we saw more participation here

Social media just killed community forums everywhere. And now participation in social media appears to be rapidly declining so I really have no idea where all of this is headed. I wonder how much the younger <40 age group is into grilling and BBQing as well...