Sign in to follow this  
vanole

Busy Week

Been in a ceramic kick here lately. Did two Boston Butts and Baked Beans in the Primo XL for my wife for a party she was attending (read voluntold). 

Today I got a "Chuckie" chugging along in one of the BGEs. Its almost at 165° internal. Will take it out then and hit it with the Texas crutch with a bit of merlot and onion soup added. Then back into the BGE and will be shooting for a finished internal temp of 205°.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Yep had a great weekend. The first of our local sweet corn is now coming in and I have been roasting it in the husks the last 3 days. Not sure how badly this is going to hit my Glucose numbers LOL but it's about the only "sin" I allow myself

Hood,

Know what you mean about your numbers and sweet corn. Kind of miss the stuff myself but am known to splurge now and again. Just bolus more the Dr. will never know.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:10 AM, vanole said:

Today I got a "Chuckie" chugging along in one of the BGEs. Its almost at 165° internal. Will take it out then and hit it with the Texas crutch with a bit of merlot and onion soup added. Then back into the BGE and will be shooting for a finished internal temp of 205°.

I assume that means Chuck Roast? 

How did ti turn out? 

Yes it was a chuck roast. I personally thought it came out okay. However my wife and neighbors mowed it down in short order. 

Used pecan wood for the smoke and even though eventually wrapped the roast in foil the smoke ring was pretty visable and had just enough smoke flavor that when eating it the merlot also came thru.

Will do this again one day.