Eric D

Sear Burner Drop-in Ready to Go!

Hey guys, if you like to modify your grill to add a new side mount sear burner, checkout this new unit you can pick up from Home Depot.

Perfect compliment to your custom outdoor kitchen, this 14,000 BTUs white ceramic sear burner allows you to sear your favorite meats. Easy onetouch electronic igniter. Durable stainless steel construction to last for years. Designed to fit openings.

Charmglow

Stainless Steel Drop In Sear Burner Natural Gas

Model 814-6805-N

Price: $175.00/ea

Stainless Steel Drop In Sear Burner LP

Model 814-6805-0

Price: $168.00/ea

I'm going to go check this out when I can find sometime. It might just be the ticket for my old three burner Jenn Air.

This picture is a standard gas burner that they make as well.

Hey guys, if you like to modify your grill to add a new side mount sear burner, checkout this new unit you can pick up from Home Depot.

Looks like upper Michigan is beating the rest of the nation in gettin a head start on the lastest in grilling accessories :-D. I have to see if I can find one at the local HD store to take a look

Takeahike,

All we can do here in Michigan right now is dream about grilling! Yesterday morning the temp was -8°F, and this morning it warmed all the way up to -6°F.. The past two days the schools have been closed around here.

When I have a free moment I plan on checking it out at the store as well. I have not seen it in person. I would like to see if I can replace my side burner with it.

Eric D

Guest bstritt

Thanks for posting this. Have you had a chance to take a look at it, or better yet buy one and try it out?

HD in Houston doesn't carry those. This may be a stupid question, but is it an infrared burner? or is it a regular burner with a ceramic plate? How hot will it get?

Thanks,

Brad

Thanks for posting this. Have you had a chance to take a look at it, or better yet buy one and try it out?

HD in Houston doesn't carry those. This may be a stupid question, but is it an infrared burner? or is it a regular burner with a ceramic plate? How hot will it get?

Thanks,

Brad

The picture and description describes a sear burner. We were looking to replace the standard side burner with the sear burner.

Guest bstritt
The picture and description describes a sear burner. We were looking to replace the standard side burner with the sear burner.

I just wanted to be sure before I order one that it is exactly what I want. I have seen "sear burners" that are more of a griddle on top of a burner than what I would think of as a sear burner.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular one or any other reasonably priced drop in sear burner?

The sales person at lowe's told me he thought that jenn-air had one that they could special order, but he didn't have the most current catalog. All that was in the catalog that he had was a standard side burner.

Thanks

I just wanted to be sure before I order one that it is exactly what I want. I have seen "sear burners" that are more of a griddle on top of a burner than what I would think of as a sear burner.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular one or any other reasonably priced drop in sear burner?

The sales person at lowe's told me he thought that jenn-air had one that they could special order, but he didn't have the most current catalog. All that was in the catalog that he had was a standard side burner.

Thanks

These are the best price I've seen so far. Remember these sear burners are totally enclosed and just need to be hook up to the gas.

Here is a link to the manual for the NG model, It shows that it is a "True" sear burner.

http://www.brinkmann.net/Docs/Pdf/814-6805-N.pdf

These can be special order at HD. I searched HD and it pops up as an item you can purchase from them.

Guest bstritt
These are the best price I've seen so far. Remember these sear burners are totally enclosed and just need to be hook up to the gas.

Here is a link to the manual for the NG model, It shows that it is a "True" sear burner.

http://www.brinkmann.net/Docs/Pdf/814-6805-N.pdf

These can be special order at HD. I searched HD and it pops up as an item you can purchase from them.

I appreciate the info. I think this will be the one that I go with.

Thanks,

Brad

I purchased one from Home depot, online. 168 + 48 shipping. I canvassed all the stores in the area and all they had was natural gas ones.

When it comes in I will report. I also have the European grill island from Sams.(499.00). I won't be unpacking that until the end of the month.

Here is my experience with Brinkmann Model # 814-6805-S

I read a few good reviews and I made the mistake to trust them, at this price I thought that it is worse. Big mistake, huge mistake. Firstly I wasted days and days in forums, with grill stores on line, to figure out what regulator, hoses and coupling to get...that's because Brinkmann customer service was of no help. They just said that this sear burner cannot be used by itself or with any other grill except theirs. Secondly I wasted about another $100 with all the fittings. Finally a few days ago I got all the coupling, hose, regulator, connected everything and after about 2 minutes the ceramic started getting red, how it was supposed to do...wow I was so happy, finally I can cook my steaks with real sear...yeah sure. After another 2 minutes, a bang came from the burner, and the gas noise increased loudly like the gas pressure went up a lot, and the flame, in-existent before, appears on top of the ceramic plates, and no infrared any longer, the heat was like regular gas grill, even worse. Next day I noticed that one of the 4 ceramic plaques broke in the middle. Suspecting that the regulator might be the culprit, I just ordered one from Brinkmann but probably I will cancel it cause the burner is a waste of money.

Here is my experience with Brinkmann Model # 814-6805-S

I read a few good reviews and I made the mistake to trust them, at this price I thought that it is worse. Big mistake, huge mistake. Firstly I wasted days and days in forums, with grill stores on line, to figure out what regulator, hoses and coupling to get...that's because Brinkmann customer service was of no help. They just said that this sear burner cannot be used by itself or with any other grill except theirs. Secondly I wasted about another $100 with all the fittings. Finally a few days ago I got all the coupling, hose, regulator, connected everything and after about 2 minutes the ceramic started getting red, how it was supposed to do...wow I was so happy, finally I can cook my steaks with real sear...yeah sure. After another 2 minutes, a bang came from the burner, and the gas noise increased loudly like the gas pressure went up a lot, and the flame, in-existent before, appears on top of the ceramic plates, and no infrared any longer, the heat was like regular gas grill, even worse. Next day I noticed that one of the 4 ceramic plaques broke in the middle. Suspecting that the regulator might be the culprit, I just ordered one from Brinkmann but probably I will cancel it cause the burner is a waste of money.

I have the charmglow you see above and its almost two years old and is holding up, at this point if it takes a dump I'll just throw it away and spend a few bucks on an expensive model.

Sorry to hear the brinkman blows, I know with IR ceramic burners if you exceed the water column rating for fuel they will crack.

jim

Two developments in the last 10 days.

1-Home Depot Customer Service contacted me and said that I can return the grill for a full refund, even if I used it and a ceramic plate is broken.

2-Next day Brinkmann Customer Service informed me that they will send me a replacement burner. I replaced it, and I tested it for a week already to make sure that it is working and I can report that I get extremely tasty steaks, as I wanted. So Kudos to both Home Depot and Brinkmann.

Two developments in the last 10 days.

1-Home Depot Customer Service contacted me and said that I can return the grill for a full refund, even if I used it and a ceramic plate is broken.

2-Next day Brinkmann Customer Service informed me that they will send me a replacement burner. I replaced it, and I tested it for a week already to make sure that it is working and I can report that I get extremely tasty steaks, as I wanted. So Kudos to both Home Depot and Brinkmann.

Good deal Vera, mine works good for the price I cant complain........