Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don S

Dillard Bluegrass & BBQ North Georgia MTNs

Don S    0

Once again we'll be Vending and Competing in this North Georgia event. Dillard is off 441 just before you cross over into NC. Great Time - Great People.

August 3-4

Dillard BBQ website

cuskit    0
Once again we'll be Vending and Competing in this North Georgia event. Dillard is off 441 just before you cross over into NC. Great Time - Great People.

August 3-4

Dillard BBQ website

Don,

Good luck in the competition, do well with your sales! It was with great pleasure that I viewed your link to this festival! I'd sure like to get down to it, but I'm afraid my work schedule is horrific through September. I'll be keeping track of it, and viewing photos both by the Bluegrass site, and any that you (I'm sure) will post! Have a great time! Mike

Don S    0
Don,

Good luck in the competition, do well with your sales! It was with great pleasure that I viewed your link to this festival! I'd sure like to get down to it, but I'm afraid my work schedule is horrific through September. I'll be keeping track of it, and viewing photos both by the Bluegrass site, and any that you (I'm sure) will post! Have a great time! Mike

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm hoping to get Bluesin and friend there for a visit, in spite of my foul mouth ;) He'll put up with anything for some of my ribs etc. But he's never said much about my brisket :( Of course neither have the judges lately.

Eric D    0

Don,

How many pounds of meat do you expect to go through?

Hope you do well at Dillard this year,

Eric D

Don S    0
Don,

How many pounds of meat do you expect to go through?

Hope you do well at Dillard this year,

Eric D

250 lbs of cooked pork shoulder and 100 + slabs of St Louis style ribs. Of course weather permitting, otherwise it to the freezer it goes.

bluesin    0

Well, I've only had it once and that was at this same event last year... And I remember saying "it was great, but hey can you hand me some mroe of those ribs dude" ;)

Bluesin

Don S    0

Dillard Pic for those that are interested. More to come!

I couldn't resist, she worked for me last year and was so proud of losing 45 lbs. Carrie showed up this year to show off. She's turned into a lovely college freshman (or is it freshwoman?)

P.S. No, the letters were not on her shirt until I got home and made a few adjustments :lol:

bluesin    0

So, nice pics, much betetr than having to wade through all those pics of you and the other guys!!!

So did ya win?

Bluesin

Don S    0

Here are a few more! Savanah and Nikki with one of North Georgia's best fresh cabbage. We went through three bushels of these beauties for our cole slaw.

And then we have some friends from home that were in the area!

Who somehow thought bbq'ing was easy! I kicked them out of the tent after a few minutes

But somehow they thought they could even read the menu to our customers, but failed at that as well since they were pointing at the least expensive item!

I couldn't finish without putting the BOSS and the girls up for review! :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cuskit    0
Here are a few more! Savanah and Nikki with one of North Georgia's best fresh cabbage. We went through three bushels of these beauties for our cole slaw.

And then we have some friends from home that were in the area!

Who somehow thought bbq'ing was easy! I kicked them out of the tent after a few minutes

But somehow they thought they could even read the menu to our customers, but failed at that as well since they were pointing at the least expensive item!

I couldn't finish without putting the BOSS and the girls up for review! :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don,

Pics look really good! I hope you sold a ton and make mucho bucko! Did you enter any of the contests, and if so, how'd you make out?

Girls look really nice, so does the "elderly" gentleman to their right, beaming with that huge, bright smile! LOL!

By the way, just refer to the lovely Carrie as a college "coed", maybe a little more politically correct? Hee Hee!

More pics to come? Love to see more!

Mike

bluesin    0

So did ya WIN????

The suspense is killing all of us!!!

More pics of the girls!!!

:lol:

Don S    0

We got our butts kicked. So did a bunch of other teams. But we had nice (hot-clear) weather and steady business!

Now for the girls you perverts!

Ha! Here's our rib turn in for the contest. We thought they were great! The judges had some other ideas :lol:

Eric D    0

Wow Don,

The ribs look great. Have the judges ever offer why they like or dislike an entry? Maybe you should have one of the girl enter the ribs? :lol:

I do enjoy your photos. Hope someday to make one of these events.

Eric D

Don S    0
Wow Don,

The ribs look great. Have the judges ever offer why they like or dislike an entry? Maybe you should have one of the girl enter the ribs? ;)

I do enjoy your photos. Hope someday to make one of these events.

Eric D

Unless you are hiding in the corner you'll never know why they score you the way they do. Without going into too much detail: 6 judges have a shot at tasting your product and then scoring it. Lowest score is thrown out--but if you've got some one else at the table that hits you low you are done.

Ribs marinated overnight in apple juice with some bbq rub added, we took the membrane off the backs before putting them in the marinate. We coated them with honey 3.5 hours into the cooking process and then wrapped them in foil for the last 1/2 hour, and put them back in the smoker. (apple wood chunks were used this time-they impart a nice rich color)

Our pork entry didn't hit the mark as far as I was concerned but the judges ranked it higher in score than the ribs :o:rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::(:lol:

Oh, I forgot you all want to see more girls, here you go! :D

cuskit    0
Unless you are hiding in the corner you'll never know why they score you the way they do. Without going into too much detail: 6 judges have a shot at tasting your product and then scoring it. Lowest score is thrown out--but if you've got some one else at the table that hits you low you are done.

Ribs marinated overnight in apple juice with some bbq rub added, we took the membrane off the backs before putting them in the marinate. We coated them with honey 3.5 hours into the cooking process and then wrapped them in foil for the last 1/2 hour, and put them back in the smoker. (apple wood chunks were used this time-they impart a nice rich color)

Our pork entry didn't hit the mark as far as I was concerned but the judges ranked it higher in score than the ribs :o:huh::angry::lol::(:lol:

Oh, I forgot you all want to see more girls, here you go! :D

Don,

I wouldn't worry about the contest, here on this board we all know you submitted the best entry! What would they know about good ribs anyway? <chuckle>

Your method for this year sounds great to me, the plated entry looks fabulous! I give you a ten! Definite first place!

Girls look great, as usual!

Mike