Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don S

Gwinnett County Fair 07

Don S    0

I should have posted these a while back but got distracted. Hope you like them!

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I guess someone decided to show up after-all!

Mom and Wife and Friends

Turkey Legs anyone??

cuskit    0
I should have posted these a while back but got distracted. Hope you like them!

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I guess someone decided to show up after-all!

Mom and Wife and Friends

Turkey Legs anyone??

Nice shots! Those turkey legs look scrumptous! Do you precook them before they go on the grill?

Looks like you have a nice setup - the crowd sure appreciates it! I like the huge billboard, but that sky in the background sure looks ominous (possible misspell).

Mike

Don S    0
Nice shots! Those turkey legs look scrumptous! Do you precook them before they go on the grill?

Looks like you have a nice setup - the crowd sure appreciates it! I like the huge billboard, but that sky in the background sure looks ominous (possible misspell).

Mike

Re Turkey Legs: I'm afraid to say after several years of screwing around with them for large crowds we ended up buying (as always) partially cooked/smoked turkey legs in bulk pack and then boiled them to bring them to 165 deg., hold them on grill and away they go. I've tried them and they are pretty tasty with all that injected stuff in them (from the Turkey Leg Factory) Once someone at the fair sees a customer walking around with one of those monster legs, it's where did you get them, and the rush is on :lol:

As far as the clouds in the background, that's one of the risks in being a vendor/concessionaire, weather can really kill business.

takeahike66    0
Re Turkey Legs: I'm afraid to say after several years of screwing around with them for large crowds we ended up buying (as always) partially cooked/smoked turkey legs in bulk pack and then boiled them to bring them to 165 deg., hold them on grill and away they go. I've tried them and they are pretty tasty with all that injected stuff in them (from the Turkey Leg Factory) Once someone at the fair sees a customer walking around with one of those monster legs, it's where did you get them, and the rush is on :)

As far as the clouds in the background, that's one of the risks in being a vendor/concessionaire, weather can really kill business.

Mike beat me to the question on preparation, and you answer my followon question on where to buy them :lol: . Now to see if I can find a source out here in CA. I know Turkey legs are a hot seller in the South. B)

cuskit    0
Mike beat me to the question on preparation, and you answer my followon question on where to buy them :unsure: . Now to see if I can find a source out here in CA. I know Turkey legs are a hot seller in the South. :P

Very depressing! I went to do a search for the legs in my area and came across this site: http://www.factoryfarming.com/poultry.htm

Wish I hadn't! That is a most tragic description, and I can't believe this is allowable! :angry: It's so inhumane! Not sure when I'll be eating chicken again. :(

Mike

cuskit    0
Very depressing! I went to do a search for the legs in my area and came across this site: http://www.factoryfarming.com/poultry.htm

Wish I hadn't! That is a most tragic description, and I can't believe this is allowable! :unsure: It's so inhumane! Not sure when I'll be eating chicken again. :angry:

Mike

It's getting worse - I just read more - this site expands to all other animals. Not for the faint at heart! This is not good reading!

Mike