Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don S

National BBQ Festival Douglas Geogia

We got a last minute invite to the National BBQ Festival on November 3 & 3 in Douglas Georgia (south GA off I 75)

National BBQ Festival

Participated in it two years ago and had a pretty good time. Anyone going to be in the area that weekend???

http://www.nationalbbqfestival.com/ Corrected link (takeahike)

We got a last minute invite to the National BBQ Festival on November 3 & 3 in Douglas Georgia (south GA off I 75)

National BBQ Festival

Participated in it two years ago and had a pretty good time. Anyone going to be in the area that weekend???

Hmmmmm, wish I could be, but that's my Anniversary weekend, we'll be staying at the Golden Plough Inn, at Peddlars Village, Lahaska, Pa.. We go there every year for their Applefest, a nice, entertaining weekend with tons of arts and crafts, food up the gazoo, nice musical bands, shows and everything is apple, apple and apple! They even have applesteak on the grill, a weekend specialty at the Spotted Hog, one of the local pubs.

So, sorry to say I can't join you. I had trouble viewing your link, came up "the specified server could not be found". :(

Mike

National BBQ Festival

http://www.nationalbbqfestival.com/ Corrected link (takeahike)

I corrected the link to the site. Looked at the site, and it looks like a great event. Too bad there are not events out here on the West Coast. Even the small ones are advertise soo little, that non-one hears about them. The big thing out here are "Art and Wines", but these are still small affairs.

Too Bad.

I corrected the link to the site. Looked at the site, and it looks like a great event. Too bad there are not events out here on the West Coast. Even the small ones are advertise soo little, that non-one hears about them. The big thing out here are "Art and Wines", but these are still small affairs.

Too Bad.

Hike,

Thanks for the link update! I visited the site and am impressed with the monies being handed out to these contestents - over $50,000 being handed out! Hope Don is one of the recipients!

Participation on the East Coast (at least the Northeast) is also dismal! So, we'll just have to hope Don posts more pictures and get our enjoyment that way!

We do get several good Wine Festivals here (I did post pics of the most recent one I attended), but mostly just craft shows - which do draw very large crowds. But they get a bit lame in comparison to a good BBQ Event (I'm guessing - I've never attended any large shows such as the ones Don attends)! :(

Of course, we have lots of Rock Concerts! :(

Mike

National BBQ Festival

<a href="http://www.nationalbbqfestival.com/" target="_blank">http://www.nationalbbqfestival.com/</a> Corrected link (takeahike)

Takeahike: thanks for fixing the typo, got so excited about going my fingers crossed (praying for good weather and lots of customers)

Takeahike: thanks for fixing the typo, got so excited about going my fingers crossed (praying for good weather and lots of customers)

An event that size should draw a huge crowd, I'm surprised that it is held so late in the season. I wish there were one out here in the West Coast, I would like to try and taste some real BBQ.

An event that size should draw a huge crowd, I'm surprised that it is held so late in the season. I wish there were one out here in the West Coast, I would like to try and taste some real BBQ.

I'd put my money on your grill! Don't sell yourself short, I've seen your photos and examples of the meals you've prepared! Many of those contestants could use a page from your book! Don, of course, we're not talking about you here, you are #ONE at these events! :)

Mike

Here are a couple of pictures from the event. We did well in the vending area, had a good time, was fortunate to get some good local labor. The festival organizers did a superb job of putting in the infrastructure, (water & electricity)which is really important to us. There were a lot of activities for all ages. I heard there were over 117 teams competing. Met two couples that flew in from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

National BBQ Festival

Here are a couple of pictures from the event. We did well in the vending area, had a good time, was fortunate to get some good local labor. The festival organizers did a superb job of putting in the infrastructure, (water & electricity)which is really important to us. There were a lot of activities for all ages. I heard there were over 117 teams competing. Met two couples that flew in from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

National BBQ Festival

Don,

Looks awesome, as usual! Great photos, especially the closeup of the meat on the grill! Ummmmmmmm boy!

What's in the big white barrel on the table?

Mike

Don,

Looks awesome, as usual! Great photos, especially the closeup of the meat on the grill! Ummmmmmmm boy!

What's in the big white barrel on the table?

Mike

The big white barrel is liquid gold. Sweet tea that southerners love. Comes in concentrate ( Louisanne Tea) add water and sell 32oz cups for two bucks. :)