Sign in to follow this  
Smoking Connoisseur

Found this site

Found this fourum if anyone is interested.

click here!

Not much there, it seems.

Things sure have changed!

http://www.theqjoint.com/forum

I love rotisserie cooking on the grill. MAny of us do it with or without smoke.

That forum has Never in that category.

That's much too elitist for me.

Shelly

I love rotisserie cooking on the grill. MAny of us do it with or without smoke.

That forum has Never in that category.

That's much too elitist for me.

Shelly

??????

I went to the site and it did have some good post on people experiences in smoking and grilling. Great photos on some of the threads of how they did it.

The major fault I found was in the search engine with their digital image for verification. I had a problem is trying to key whatever is in the image display. And when I refresh the image it disappear and kept giving an error message that the 6 digits didn't match.

So - SHelly, what this about rotisserie (never), I did a search and it could not find any rotisserie?????

Hike

??????

I went to the site and it did have some good post on people experiences in smoking and grilling. Great photos on some of the threads of how they did it.

The major fault I found was in the search engine with their digital image for verification. I had a problem is trying to key whatever is in the image display. And when I refresh the image it disappear and kept giving an error message that the 6 digits didn't match.

So - SHelly, what this about rotisserie (never), I did a search and it could not find any rotisserie?????

Hike

If you go to the main forum page (the link takes you there) and scroll down through all the sub forums, there is a sub forum Rotisserie and in it's field (unlike every other sub forum) is written Never.

I guess that one of the oldest forms of outdoor cooking--securing an animal on to a branch held up by two other fork shaped branches and turning it slowing over the fire--doesn't count as historical evidence that it was a form of rotisserie cooking.

It is an outdoor smoking forum, that's all, with some good information but very limited in participation and scope for my tastes.

Shelly

If you go to the main forum page (the link takes you there) and scroll down through all the sub forums, there is a sub forum Rotisserie and in it's field (unlike every other sub forum) is written Never.

I guess that one of the oldest forms of outdoor cooking--securing an animal on to a branch held up by two other fork shaped branches and turning it slowing over the fire--doesn't count as historical evidence that it was a form of rotisserie cooking.

It is an outdoor smoking forum, that's all, with some good information but very limited in participation and scope for my tastes.

Shelly

Shelly,

Your other points may be valid, but I believe the "Never" is only a mis-named label for stating that no posts exist in that sub-forum.

It appears to be a site that is just starting up.

Hike

Shelly,

Your other points may be valid, but I believe the "Never" is only a mis-named label for stating that no posts exist in that sub-forum.

It appears to be a site that is just starting up.

Hike

Hopefully you're right.

I never clicked on the link to the sub forum as I was so put off by the Never.

Shelly

Shelly

Shelly,

Any chance you will post your Spit fired Mastadon Roast with Wild Cranberry sauce and wild rice recipe? :P

What wine would you pick?

:ph34r: NapaGrill :ph34r:

Shelly,

Any chance you will post your Spit fired Mastadon Roast with Wild Cranberry sauce and wild rice recipe? :P

Napa ...

I'd go with a nice Spanish Rioja ... Mastadon can be a bit "gamie".

BG in WV

Shelly,

:P:lol: :lol:

Maybe I watch too many caveman movies! :)

Shelly

Ok, something happened and I no longer get all the thread posts one after another. Instead I get a single post and a list of thread post links at the bottom of the page.

What happened?

Edit: Never mind. I found the solution in Options upper right side of page.

??????

Hike

As one of the inceptors of the forum in question, I would like to help clear up a few questions.

First, when you were there on Jan 20th we had been in existance for about 5 days and ther really wasn't much there at all. We were in fact in out test phase days.

The rotissiere forum has never had anyone post in it. I love to rotiss and would love to have someone come in, make a few posts, chat it up and bring it to life. Would you like to be that person?

As to the security # image thing, it is case sensitive and sometimes can be difficult to decipher exactly what the image is. If you can't read the image, just hit refresh and you will get a new one. You can do this as many times as you like until you find one that's easy to read. this is an anti spam feature and more and more sites are using it all the time.

If there's not enough variety there for your tastes, would you please post questions in the forums that are you area of interest? If you look at the list of forums I think you'll see that we worked very hard to have a forum for all types of outdoor cooking. If you see something missing, we'd like to know. We can always add another sub forum if necessary.

If you have too much trouble registering, you can always go to the bottom of the home page and click the "contact Fatboy button and we can manually register you.

Thanks for taking the time to talk about our forum. I hope to see you there soon.

Tim

PS, if you do register, drop me a PM and let me know who you are and that you're from this forum.

As one of the inceptors of the forum in question, I would like to help clear up a few questions.

First, when you were there on Jan 20th we had been in existance for about 5 days and ther really wasn't much there at all. We were in fact in out test phase days.

The rotissiere forum has never had anyone post in it. I love to rotiss and would love to have someone come in, make a few posts, chat it up and bring it to life. Would you like to be that person?

As to the security # image thing, it is case sensitive and sometimes can be difficult to decipher exactly what the image is. If you can't read the image, just hit refresh and you will get a new one. You can do this as many times as you like until you find one that's easy to read. this is an anti spam feature and more and more sites are using it all the time.

If there's not enough variety there for your tastes, would you please post questions in the forums that are you area of interest? If you look at the list of forums I think you'll see that we worked very hard to have a forum for all types of outdoor cooking. If you see something missing, we'd like to know. We can always add another sub forum if necessary.

If you have too much trouble registering, you can always go to the bottom of the home page and click the "contact Fatboy button and we can manually register you.

Thanks for taking the time to talk about our forum. I hope to see you there soon.

Tim

PS, if you do register, drop me a PM and let me know who you are and that you're from this forum.

I just signed up, looks like there's a bunch of folks not too far from me already on there! I'll check it out!

Tim

I have use the security Image before on other sites, but if it takes too much effor to log on, Users will not want to try more than a couple of times. I will look again, but from what I remember, the letters were to hard to deciper from the background and the forms of the letters were not destinct enough to guess what the characters or digits were.

Hike,

I just sign up on that forum. Third time was a charm. Very similar to another smoking forum, but more varity.

they have a dedicated forum for ABT's (atomic buffalo Turds) never heard of them until I read that forum, but they were reffered to here as a Chili Grill can be found in this thread click here for jalapeno grill

. aka stuffed Jalapenos cooked on the Grill.

I might have a look around the forum might learn something bug I doubt I'll sign up for it.

-=Jason=-