dwost

Jenn-Air Mods and Pictures

Don,

Nice setup, I'm headed to Lowes. What size are those eye bolts you used on the Rott? They look perfect. 3/8" x 2"? Can you tell me where you purchased your divider and if I'm not asking for to much, can you post a pic of it for me.

Thanks

Smoky

Thanks Smoky,

As for the eye bolts I think they were about 2" long or maybe 3" I wanted them to stick out far enought to clear the back with the forks attached. This is also perfect because the cover still fits over it :D

As for the divider, I couldn't find stainless so I simply used a sheet of that 18ga welding steel from Lowe's. I thik it ran about 8 bucks or so. If I recall it was the 6x18" piece that I cut down. If you look at bluesin's post, that is the exact design I used. He even was nice enough to give us a template!! It's dark now so I'll try and get you a pic of mine tomorrow.

Don

Thanks Don,

I couldn't wait to go to Lowe's, so right after I sent you the post, We took off. I was on a mission. I reviewed your picture again and noticed that you had them out a bit, so I grabbed my rotti and pulled off the sleeve and off to Lowe's I went. Great idea, I came home and installed it in the rain. Love it! my house is small enough and I have no place for an extra light bulb. BTY. I found some really nice bins that fit with my LP tank.

How did you get that template? I would like to get one.

Thanks again for the great ideas. I could do without the Rotti storage, that is the cats meow!!!

Smoky

How did you get that template?  I would like to get one.

Smoky

Hey Smoky, glad I could help!! Yeah, that storage is key in keeping things neat and out of the way. As for your question on the "template" i'm not sure I understand what you need? Are you referring to the template that I used for the divider mod? If so, that was posted by bluesin on his mod post. Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Don

got it thanks. Thats what I was looking for. he has a lot of posts and it took me a few but I found it.

maybe you can tell me about the regulator removal. Whats up with that?? How do you remove it and how does it work without it?

thanks

maybe you can tell me about the regulator removal.  Whats up with that??  How do you remove it and how does it work without it?

thanks

All you do is unscrew the regulator hose where it connects to the grill. You then hook the gas line from the house directly to the grill. You can buy a hookup kit at lowes for a water heater or stove that should do the trick. I think it ran about $20 bucks and was a 1/2" flexible SS line with all the connectors included. Keep in mind this is only for natural gas, NOT for LP. The NG is regulated at the house so there is no need for the regulator at the grill.

Don

Dwost,

I did your eyebolt mod on my SF Chateau yesterday. My cabinet is a little wider than yours so no drilling was necessary :) .

I showed the wife your pics of the mod before implementing it myself, she didn't seem too thrilled, after I completed it she really liked it a lot. So much so that she said you should patent your idea!

I can't believe that Nexgrill, Jenn-Air, Sterling Forge doesn't include this simple solution for the storage of the Rotisserie. It cost around $3.00 for all the Stainless parts to complete this mod.

Thanks, for showing the way on this Dwost. :D

Dwost,

I did your eyebolt mod on my SF Chateau yesterday. My cabinet is a little wider than yours so no drilling was necessary :) .

I showed the wife your pics of the mod before implementing it myself, she didn't seem too thrilled, after I completed it she really liked it a lot. So much so that she said you should patent your idea!

I can't believe that Nexgrill, Jenn-Air, Sterling Forge doesn't include this simple solution for the storage of the Rotisserie. It cost around $3.00 for all the Stainless parts to complete this mod.

Thanks, for showing the way on this Dwost. :D

Thanks for the kind words. I have to take my hat off to several others on here as well as they have come up with some great designs. Through this community hopefully the OEM's will take note and adjust their designs. Wouldn't it be nice if they gave us some test models to use and report back the findings :)B) THAT would be much better than a patent!! LOL Thanks again and I'm glad this helped you out.

Don

Wouldn't it be nice if they gave us some test models to use and report back the findings  :D  :)  THAT would be much better than a patent!! LOL

Don

Hey Don! Sign me up for that type of deal! Great idea and I really believe that the grill manufactures read the stuff from this sit. I look at my early 2004 model and the ones currently in Lowes and I see a lot of changes that started as mods right here on this website. For example the inferred searing unit, the complaint of not enough heat and the addtion of dividers. The new units have double wall hoods which I'm sure they did to improve heat retention. Also they increased the size of the inferred unit for the rotisserie from the one that came with my unit. My grills IR unit never had enough heat for doing much of anything other then a little help with the main burnners that have to be on for rotisserie cooking. Almost makes me want to sell my unit and buy a newer model. I'm glad to see they keep improving on a great grill.

Eric D

No doubt, I have to agree Eric I'm sure they cruise the boards. I belong to several other forums as well for other interests of mine and I know for a fact that many of the mfg have people that are on the site. Some are active, asking questions, request feedback, etc... and others are silent parnters monitoring the content. I do hope that we have helped them improve on their design and will continue to do so. I know there were a couple of folks from Nexgrill that were active members on "the grilling web" but that site has really slowed down since many have ended up on here :D Gotta love it, keep up the great work folks, we may have some free grills coming our way!!! LOL

Don

No doubt, I have to agree Eric I'm sure they cruise the boards.  I belong to several other forums as well for other interests of mine and I know for a fact that many of the mfg have people that are on the site.  Some are active, asking questions, request feedback, etc... and others are silent parnters monitoring the content.  I do hope that we have helped them improve on their design and will continue to do so.  I know there were a couple of folks from Nexgrill that were active members on "the grilling web" but that site has really slowed down since many have ended up on here :)  Gotta love it, keep up the great work folks, we may have some free grills coming our way!!! LOL

Don

One of the nice upgrade that JennAir added to their large grill was a built in shelf in the center section. The shelf was not added to the 3 and 4 burners. This is the next mod that I will have to do on my 5-burner.

One of the nice upgrade that JennAir added to their large grill was a built in shelf in the center section.  The shelf was not added to the 3 and 4 burners.  This is the next mod that I will have to do on my 5-burner.

Takeahike,

Have you found a good place to purchase the sheet stainless to use for building a shelf? I've check a few places around by me, but have not found a source. What is the going price on sheet stainless?

Eric D

Takeahike,

Have you found a good place to purchase the sheet stainless to use for building a shelf?  I've check a few places around by me, but have not found a source.  What is the going price on sheet stainless?

Eric D

Eric, I got a stainless sheet for my center divider from onlinemetals.com

Here's the specific link for sheet I got for the center divider (12 x 24 sheet of 304 SS 16 gauge)

https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=6828&step=4

Eric, I got a stainless sheet for my center divider from onlinemetals.com

Here's the specific link for sheet I got for the center divider (12 x 24 sheet of 304 SS 16 gauge)

Thanks for the link. I might end up purchasing from Online Metals if I can't find any other source close by. I need to check with a friend of mine that works in a steel slitting company. They cut the big rolls of steel into thinner rolls for production type companies. He offered to supply some left over piece a few years back, I'll have to see if he still has some.

Thanks again, Eric D

Takeahike,

Have you found a good place to purchase the sheet stainless to use for building a shelf?  I've check a few places around by me, but have not found a source.  What is the going price on sheet stainless?

Eric D

as reply to by WindandSurf, I also purchased my stainless from

it normally runs about $25 plus shipping for the size that W&S stated.

The piece for my back vent was $27 for a custom cut.

as reply to by WindandSurf,  I also purchased my stainless from

it normally runs about $25 plus shipping for the size that W&S stated.

The piece for my back vent was $27 for a custom cut.

Thanks for the feed back. If my friend has something other then what I can use I'll order from Online Metals too.

Eric D

So, I did this mod to my 0061 Jenn-Air, and its great. I have 8" wc (1/3psi) here so I went to like 48 or 49 size on the burner orifice. Just got done about 20 min ago and converted my BBQ Grillware smoker at the same time. Now I can run everything, at once, and never worry about running out of fuel.

My question is, how do I do this to the side burner and rotisserie burner? I dont know where the orifice is and rather then tear everything apart, I thought I would ask first.

Thanks