Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don S

Special Gift @ Winchester's HOH

We've made some friends in Winchester. I've been encouraging and helping the husband of one of my helpers. I'd have to say he's a master wood carver. He can carve just about anything. I've created some presentation materials for him recently to help him with his business. While in Winchester he gave me a carved piece from 100 year old poplar to commemorate the Barbecue Source's pig on a rocket and our "Best BBQ in the Solar System" theme.

I doubt the pictures will do it justice. At some point I will be building Marshal Pierce his own web site.

Here's a shot of the two of us.

I have to say that I was overwhelmed with the gift and it surely will have a special place in my home to be shown off.

Until I've got his site up and running, drop me a line if you have any interest in having some custom work done.

We've made some friends in Winchester. I've been encouraging and helping the husband of one of my helpers. I'd have to say he's a master wood carver. He can carve just about anything. I've created some presentation materials for him recently to help him with his business. While in Winchester he gave me a carved piece from 100 year old poplar to commemorate the Barbecue Source's pig on a rocket and our "Best BBQ in the Solar System" theme.

I doubt the pictures will do it justice. At some point I will be building Marshal Pierce his own web site.

I have to say that I was overwhelmed with the gift and it surely will have a special place in my home to be shown off.

Until I've got his site up and running, drop me a line if you have any interest in having some custom work done.

Don,

That is a spectacular piece of handiwork - I know a bit about carving (I've whittled a little in my 57 years B) ) and that boy has some very unique talent! I can certainly appreciate the time and effort to accomplish this beautiful piece of art, and commend his outstanding abilities!

I can also understand how moved you must have been upon being presented with this piece!

Mike

Hi Don,

That is a "Special" gift and very well done.

I know it will be a heirloon for many generations in your family and shows off your passion for great BBQ.

Hike