Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swattley

Brick smoker

anyone have any ideas for a vertical brick smoker, i plan so far to build it around 30 inches wide, have a fire box on bottom with brick floor between fire box and cooking area, the cooking area will have 3 racks and a chimney out the top, so far i need to find the cast doors for both fire box and cooking area and then i can start laying the brick. i am not a mason so i will learn as i go but i think the idea should make a good low temp smoker. and i hope the brick will help maintain a steady temp. i am not planing on using fire bick in the cooking area? i am not sure if i will need to or not. any ideas would be a great help.

anyone have any ideas for a vertical brick smoker, i plan so far to build it around 30 inches wide, have a fire box on bottom with brick floor between fire box and cooking area, the cooking area will have 3 racks and a chimney out the top, so far i need to find the cast doors for both fire box and cooking area and then i can start laying the brick. i am not a mason so i will learn as i go but i think the idea should make a good low temp smoker. and i hope the brick will help maintain a steady temp. i am not planing on using fire bick in the cooking area? i am not sure if i will need to or not. any ideas would be a great help.

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but this guy had a vision for a brick pit that most of us would just love to have in the back yard...

http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/wdh.htm

Here is mine. The design came from the book Meat Smoking and Smoke House Design. I think what you may be looking for is in that book. It has the most designs I have seen in any book. Amazon

Pete

Hey Pete, please try to resize the photos to 1024 x 768, it saves a bunch of space on our server and makes them much easier to view as that size fits most 17 inch monitors perfectly....

Thanks,

Bluesin

P.S. that is a killer setup, nice job!!!