Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fwfd

My homebuilt smoker Trailer

I was bored this summer and wanted to make a smoker trailer that I could bring to the fire Station and to family events.

I know how to weld but have never built anything like a smoker.

It took a couple weeks here and there but I think it's finally ready. We have smoked on it serveral times and it holds temp very well.

I just added a water tank (for cleanup)and going to smoker a brisket tomorrow to see how hot the water gets.

Here's a link to the pictures and it during construction. I wasn't very good at remembering to take photos of every step.

Smoker

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Brad

I was bored this summer and want to make a smoker trailer that I could bring to fire Station and the family events.

I know how th weld but have never built anything like a smoker.

It took a couple weeks here and there but I think it's finally ready. We have smoked on it serveral times and it holds temp very well.

I just added a water tank (for cleanup)and going to moker a brisket tomorrow to see how hot the water gets.

Here's a link to the pictures and it during construction. I wasn't very good at remembering to take photos af every step.

http://www.texasfirefighter.com/smoker/smoker_project.htm

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Brad

Brad,

Welcome to the Source!

All I can say is WOW!!! I quickly looked through the photos, I'll have more time to study them later, but for now I'd say you did yourself proud! Beautiful job! Firehouse is lucky to have you...

Mike

Hey Brad. Let me add both my welcome and congratulations on a nice job on the smoker. Be sure and post some pictures of whatever you're smoking too.

BillB

Well done!

My dad and I have an old trailer smoker that we are working on and I got some great ideas from you. Good job.

WOW!! Nice Smoker, Brad. It looks as good if not better than some of the professional ones I've seen.

There's only one thing left to say... "You've got to be from TEXAS!"

Tigerfan :)

Thanks,

and yes I live in Texas.

I have got the brisket and ribs down to where I like, but I'm looking forward to trying Chicken and some other Brisket recipes.

I'm hoping to find them here.

The smoker was a challenge as how to build, Winged it mostly and looked at dozens of on-line photo's when I got stuck.

It pulls great. I'll be taking it to the Fire Station on Friday. I just want to smoke one more brisket before then and see how hot the water tank gets.

Well, Thanks everyone for their comment, I'll try to take some photo's of us using it.

"Firemen love their food"