Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronald

Grilling Cookbooks

Mike,

Are you looking for another forum, or perhaps to just have this one renamed to include "Web Links & Resources"?

I agree, there are a ton of web resources out there and getting them all rolled up for folks is a great idea. I use the bbq.about.com resource often myself...

Bluesin

Mike,

Are you looking for another forum, or perhaps to just have this one renamed to include "Web Links & Resources"?

I agree, there are a ton of web resources out there and getting them all rolled up for folks is a great idea. I use the bbq.about.com resource often myself...

Bluesin

Bluesin,

Thanks for the comeback. I don't feel it's necessary to add another forum, as you suggest, renaming should be sufficient. I've often wondered why "Cookbooks and Reviews" never went as far as most of the other forums. It seemed to start off with a bang, then just kinda stagnated and stayed in limbo. Perhaps adding the Web Links & Resources into the title might be a kick start for it. Many a post in the various forums here have included links to a resourceful page on the web, this would also help to consolidate those links in one spot.

I'm sure just about everyone out there has researched the general content of this board, and probably, like myself, has numerous bookmarks to favorite sites that we return to quite often (such as bbq.about.com), and could share those links with others. It seems like there are just way too many out there for any one of us to find some of the most useful ones, this could also save surfers a lot of time, pointing us to sites we may never discover on our own.

Thanks for your consideration. Mike

Hows that???

Bluesin

Hows that???

Bluesin

Bluesin,

I read "Hows that???", and smiled! Took all of 1 second to glance up at the title, it immediately brought a smile to my face. You are good, I'll give you that! Now lets see it take off. Thanks, Mike

I know it's been a while but here is another link for recipes

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/7580069052

Ronald,

Thanks loads for a great site! I personally enjoy these type recipes over "commercial" sites. I surfed through real quick just to get a handle on the content, and found this beef kabob recipe that I think I'll enjoy: http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...52/m/6350089752

Nice research!

Mike

Just a heads up Steven Raichlens new bbq bible will be out in May. You can preorder on Amazon.

Brian

Just a heads up Steven Raichlens new bbq bible will be out in May. You can preorder on Amazon.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the heads up! Do you know when his series begins again? I know he took a year off, and I'm not sure when that year is over. I do thoroughly enjoy his show, actually my favorite with Rob coming in a close second.

Mike

Top 5 Grilling Book:

1. How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbeque Techniques
  2. The Gas Grill Gourmet
  3. Marinades: The Secrets of Great Grilling
  4. Gas Grill Cookbook, Better Homes and Gardens
  5. Beer-Can Chicken and 74 Other Off-Beat Recipes for the Grill

Details, here.

Ron thanks for the link just what i need to get ideas from.

-=Jason=-

Jason

Did you check out the BBQ University website I posted

I have started to collect grill cookbooks. I only use the books that have color pictures in them so I can see how the food should look when it's complete.

The books I currently use are

1. Webers Big Book of Grilling

2. How To Grill ( the complete illustrated book of barbecue techniques) by

Steven Raichlen

3. Great Recipes Collection Grilling Gas or Charcoal

anybody else have any books to recommend

I have two books I like to refer to. They are both by the same author "Steven Raichlen". The first one I got was 'The Barbeque Bible' & the second one is 'How to Grill'. They both have a lot of recipes in color pictures of the finished product. :lol:

I have two books I like to refer to. They are both by the same author "Steven Raichlen". The first one I got was 'The Barbeque Bible' & the second one is 'How to Grill'. They both have a lot of recipes in color pictures of the finished product. :lol:

And then there is our own forums, The BBQ Source Forums, which has the largest data base of photographs of grilled/smoked foods that exists.

Shelly

And then there is our own forums, The BBQ Source Forums, which has the largest data base of photographs of grilled/smoked foods that exists.

Shelly

Thanks in large part to SHELLY!!!!! among many others....... :lol:

Hi, I was watching emeril live and he had the guys from mastering the grill.I got at bn.com, it was on clearance, paid about 9.50. i have looking through it and it looks good.