Lawdog

Weber Genesis EP-320

Thanks Mike. I have about three go-to reds. Costco is your friend on this. Yellow Tail or Rosemount Shiraz are both good--both about $8 a bottle. Columbia Crest Cab is great too at $6 a bottle. Right now, my fave goto for steak is probably Blackstone Merlot, avail all over for $8-$9. Last night, in the glass you see was a Yellow Tail Shiraz.

Hmmm, I think I like the Yellow Tail - I'll pick up a bottle this afternoon and see how it is! Thanks!

Mike

Howdy Boys! Tonight's fare went over very well. And Mike, I thought of you when I took the pic and left in some label. By the way, did you ever try that Yellow Tail?

These were on the Weber for 7-8 minutes. Glorious!

Howdy Boys! Tonight's fare went over very well. And Mike, I thought of you when I took the pic and left in some label. By the way, did you ever try that Yellow Tail?

These were on the Weber for 7-8 minutes. Glorious!

Great looking grill marks.

Is that a Samual Adams in the background ?

Great looking grill marks.

Is that a Samual Adams in the background ?

Good morning Ronald. Yessir. It was a Sam Adams Boston Lager. They're pretty good. It was hot and thunderstormy, back and forth, and I didn't want something too heavy with the meal.

Good morning Ronald. Yessir. It was a Sam Adams Boston Lager. They're pretty good. It was hot and thunderstormy, back and forth, and I didn't want something too heavy with the meal.

Now

Of course you know the sad part about this is that I could identify the beer only lookin at part of the bottle :rolleyes:

Not that sad Ronald.

I like dark beer and I really enjoy their Black Lager. Frequently. :rolleyes:

Pat

Now I've gone and done it... Decisions, decisions.

Now

Thats a nice shot.

Lawdog

On after you reach the next posting level I will start a post in that section just for you and the rest of us beer drinkers :rolleyes:;)

Now

Thats a nice shot.

Lawdog

On after you reach the next posting level I will start a post in that section just for you and the rest of us beer drinkers :D :D

Ha! I am a better photographer than that... that was just a quick one for a laugh. Lemme think on it a bit and I'll shoot a real one. :)

Some more fare. Here's a couple ribeyes that hit the Gray Lady.

Lawdog

You have been cooking up a storm with this grill.

me thinks you like it :D :D

This was for company last night. Your basic boring boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Did I say boring? Not for long. Marinaded in a homemade mixture and reverse seared.

My wife came on and saw the chicken post and said I needed to post the reviews. :)

The critics' consensus is in: "Eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Repeat."

Happy Father's Day everybody.

Tried another recipe. Rubbed some inexpensive strip steaks liberally with this mesquite rub I got from Costco. They were quite good actually. We also tried out the new Bud American Ale, which I also liked a lot. I will try the mesquite rub again soon on some better steaks for the full review, but we liked it enough the first go-round that it will for sure be in the mix.

Howdy guys. Thanks for checking in. Our little thread here just passed 4,000 views! I'll keep the comments and the pics coming if ya'll still want them. I hope this thread has helped someone make a good choice. If it has, post up and let us know.

Over the last ten days, I've been grilling for company and the Weber continues to impress. Comments like, "Best chicken I've ever had" and the like have put a big grin on my face. The constant grilling, even in occasional rain, has some spotting on the hood (when the rain hits it while it's hot, it just sizzles). I'm looking for the best way to clean that.

The constant grilling, even in occasional rain, has some spotting on the hood (when the rain hits it while it's hot, it just sizzles). I'm looking for the best way to clean that.

BKF! Barkeepers Friend. You can find it most anywhere - Walmart, Sears, etc. Grocery stores. Hardware stores. It works great on stainless steel!

Word of caution - wait until the hood cools down. :)

Mike

My wife came on and saw the chicken post and said I needed to post the reviews. :)

The critics' consensus is in: "Eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Repeat."

Happy Father's Day everybody.

Lawdog

Have you used the Weber griddle yet.

Man it is sweet. The only downside is you will be asked to do breakfast all the time.

It excels at pancakes, bacon, eggs and sausage.

If this rain ever stops I plan on trying a whole bunch of stuff. (got to keep up with Mike. He has gotten his monies worth out of his griddle :P:) )

BKF! Barkeepers Friend. You can find it most anywhere - Walmart, Sears, etc. Grocery stores. Hardware stores. It works great on stainless steel!

Word of caution - wait until the hood cools down. :)

Mike

I've seen you mention it before and looked around Walmart for it, but no joy. You think it's the way to go even for the enameled hood that mine has?

Update: I just visited their website and it looks perfect. I'll try to find some.