Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucered

Bananas Calypso

We just finished steak and grilled bananas for desert.

Followed the recipe posted below to a tee, except we used Brandy instead of rum

HOLY CRAP, were they ever good! See Pics Below...

Next up for dessert, some sort of grilled apples.

Here's the recipe.

That looks delicious. Looking forward to your pictures and comments.

You're making it hard to stick to my diet.

Pat

You're making it hard to stick to my diet.

Pat

Pat, you are so right! They do look SO delicious! And making it hard for me to START on my diet.... :)

Mike

Pat, you are so right! They do look SO delicious! And making it hard for me to START on my diet.... :)

Mike

I agree and appreciate the time BruceRed took to take the photos and post them. That's the true spirit of our forum.

Who cares how it tastes as long as you get great pics. :)

Shelly

Congratulations! Those look like they came out great. You might even think of trying another liquor, like a flavored rum. A vanilla flavor maybe?

Let us know when you decide on an a grilled apple recipe. Deserts are something I haven't tried on the grill yet.

Good Job

Pat

snip...Let us know when you decide on an a grilled apple recipe. Deserts are something I haven't tried on the grill yet...snip

Pat

i think this one is next on the list: http://www.weber.com/recipes/RecipePrint.aspx?rid=512

http://www.bbq.co.uk/bbq-recipes/desserts/...Crumble_Img.jpg

i'll post the results and personal pics when we do it. might not be until saturday

STOCK PHOTO:

AppleCrumble_Img.jpg

brucered,

Great choice! I love apple crumb desserts. You're not showing much mercy to a guy who's trying to lose weight. I'm going to have to enjoy them through your pictures till I drop a few more pounds.

Pat

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for posting!

What was this recipe? The link gives me a "Page not found". This looks amazing!

it goes something like this use any booze you like, spiced rum is good any liqueur works its kinda like bananas foster

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed

3 medium-ripe bananas

2 cinnamon sticks, broken into small pieces

1/4 cup dry red or white wine

1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

serve with Light cream or ice cream

Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish.

Combine granulated and brown sugars on sheet of waxed paper, mixing well. Peel bananas; roll in half of sugar mixture, coating well. Place in prepared baking dish; pierce bananas all over with cinnamon stick pieces; sprinkle with wine, then with rest of sugar mixture and the ground cinnamon. Dot with butter.

Bake, uncovered and basting occasionally, 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender shorter if you grilled the bananas first

Thanks Tubby.

I had something like that when I traveled to Europe 12 years ago, except the bananas were fried in batter and i doubt it had alcohol. It was the best dessert Id had at the time (I was only 15). I look forward to making this soon!

Thanks Tubby.

I had something like that when I traveled to Europe 12 years ago, except the bananas were fried in batter and i doubt it had alcohol. It was the best dessert Id had at the time (I was only 15). I look forward to making this soon!

Its kinda like your having a banana churro,or if you simply reduce the sugar and booze you make a glaze or syrup and pour it over the fruit, you can put the booze in a sauce pan and just let it catch fire bring it to a quick boil then shut it off and it will thicken with the sugar for the kids.

when you just pour it over the fruit and serve you obviously taste alcohol.

you can take that same reduction and mix it with red pepper, jalepeno salt pepper just about anything and make a sweet savory glaze for chicken pork or fish, whiskey chicken would be a good example.

real simple to make