Sign in to follow this  
sgiantsman

Need to vent!

Natural gas....lighter than air?

Dr. Dave's ppt was a wake up call. Thanks again...

What is the standard for venting a 12' BBQ island? Picture an L shape with the tall end 12' and the leg 2'...I'm thinking every 4 feet top and bottom? is that too much? I can do plenty of venting in backside as it's not visible to viewing....

then a rectangular bar separate....same? every 4 ft for good air flow?

Most grills should include specifications for what is required for its venting - and yes, you are required to vent natural gas. If your grill does not mentioned it specifically, DCS for example defines the venting requirements to be a minimum of three vents at 10 square inches per vent. That is a pretty typical specification.

The owners manual doesn't really say anything...it just says that the structure must be vented

So I was looking around internet and found a marine supply store online. http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=27122F

Reasonalbly priced! What size do you recommend?

Based on the 10 sq inch requirement for a DCS, doesn't look like any of those would be large enough to meet their requirements. All I can say is the bigger the better.

Anyone find a good place to purchase. I noticed one website has them but they are 18in wide and as such would span across the steel studs, in which case you are paying for something you would not use, and you may have a tougher time installing it. This is where saw them http://www.azgrills.com/ststveforbbq.html

Something that fits in a 12 inch off center is what I am looking for.

thanks

Anyone find a good place to purchase. I noticed one website has them but they are 18in wide and as such would span across the steel studs, in which case you are paying for something you would not use, and you may have a tougher time installing it. This is where saw them http://www.azgrills.com/ststveforbbq.html

Something that fits in a 12 inch off center is what I am looking for.

thanks

Looking at these on the website above it shows the overall size of 18*4 and a cutout size of 16*3. This would be perfect for an island build with 16" studs on center. The overhang of the cover would completely cover the hole. Even if you needed to span across a stud for the hole it would work.

Brad

I am installing a built in natural gas grill on a 6' island. I am using EP Henry stones to build the structure of the island. I am considering putting the vent on the countertop, behind the grill head. Has anyone done this?