Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Ronald

In search of the perfect Hotdog

142 posts in this topic

Mikey, you sound like a nice guy and don't want to hurt your feelings but I don't like the looks of that picture you took of the hot dogs hee hee I know I'm in the minority but I like them a little more simplified. I forgot about the griddleQ, I saw your pictures in action in the past and I think I might get one from the source too. My Son has one but a little larger and it takesmost of the room on his grill. I think if I recall, yours is a half size? kid

Kid,

Sorry. I can't answer your question. You've seriously hurt my feelings... :D:P Of course this is joking! But my Droid will no longer accept any calls originating from Mass until a public apology is placed where his honor and esteem can be redeemed! :lol:

Seriously - I did purchase the smaller GriddleQ here, (plug for Don's Source Store). For it's size it's perfect and I'm happy I went with it as many times I'm using my grill at the same time. The larger model precludes that. My nutritionist is also happy about the smaller model since I'm restricted from cooking ten pounds of bacon this way! Hee hee..

By the way - if you do buy - it HAS to be from the Source - if not, your posts may mysteriously disappear within hours of you posting.. Not! Not! Not! But I do urge patronizing the Store that has helped so much to sponsor this site!

Gridley Mikey

O my goodness!! I just showed my Wife Mikey's hot dog picture and guess what? She liked it! and loved the way the ends of the hot dog looked crisp. O, I forgot my Wife is from New Jersey. I am in the minority or am I? let me hear from other members about Mikey's hot dog presentation. :D kid

O my goodness!! I just showed my Wife Mikey's hot dog picture and guess what? She liked it! and loved the way the ends of the hot dog looked crisp. O, I forgot my Wife is from New Jersey. I am in the minority or am I? let me hear from other members about Mikey's hot dog presentation. :) kid

Did she also notice that one end of the upper dog had been bitten off? Yea - Patty made them up for me, and decided to try a taste. The wench! I shoulda smacked her right there, but as she braved the frigid weather to griddle cook them for me - I'm gonna let this one slide. But just this once! :P

Hey! You knockin my presentation? You want me to trek up to Mass and knock you around a bit? Geez. I can remember the "pre-Shelly picture days" when my hot dog shot would have gotten a lot of praise! Now between he and old grouch they've raised the bar so much that we can't even post a basic low quality picture without some hick from the bean state wapping on my picture quality! I'm gonna take my toys and go home. I'm very hurt. :( Sigh.. heh heh..

I can't wait until lunch today (yea - I'm at the shop at 3:00 am AGAIN)! :( But I'm going home for lunch today and throwing another pair of those delicious Windmill dogs on the grill. Two the other night did not satisfy my yearning for a good dog - so I'll repeat the menu for lunch. It was an 8-pack, so I've got enough to eat two today and still have a few left to eat during the good games this weekend.

Did anyone catch the Texas/Alabama game last night? I didn't hear the score - but did set up the DVR, that should have been a great game. And don't tell me about it - I want to watch it through without knowing the end! I've got all radios off, no tv and I'm alone until tonight, so I should be fine until I can play it back. Meanwhile, Kid, you can watch your blonde hussy on your DVR. :D Oh, that's right, you erased it. Yea - keep telling the wife that. :lol:

Okay - coffee break is over. Back to work! I've got 54 MIKRADLES that have to ship out today. Yikes! Where does the time go..

Still putting in the hours - weary mikey

Ronald,

I never checked out the hot dog section at BJ's for Nathan's, I'm sure they must have them. You know what's strange, I use to be a short order cook at the shore in a New Jersey diner about 46 years ago and I don't remember TPR. I'm sure they had them back then. I'll look for them too at BJ's. I think if I avoid the Tapanzee Bridge and the GSP, it might take me all day to get to my destination. I'll just buck up and get a ezpass monitor. I go to Maine on occassion and could use it at the Hampton, N.H. toll booth as well as the Maine turnpike. Most of the time I use U.S. #1 in Maine. did you know that U.S. #1 runs all the way from Fort Kent, Maine to Key West, Florida. pardon any spelling errors, I haven't figured out where the spell check is in this forum. thanks for the info. :D kid

Kid

If you grew up in Jersey then you had to have had TPR.

Now about the ezpass. I have one that lives in my wife's car , but I have a bridge decal for a bridge I have to cross on rt 40 in Md.

Rt 40 runs from Atlantic City New Jersey to San Fransisco Ca.

It is cheaper for me to have the bridge sticker which just went up to $10 a year than to pay the $5 a trip

Now I have a question. Coming from the Jersey shore. Did you have to get an interperter to understand the people in Mass.

I didnt understand one word when I was in Boston

O my goodness!! I just showed my Wife Mikey's hot dog picture and guess what? She liked it! and loved the way the ends of the hot dog looked crisp. O, I forgot my Wife is from New Jersey. I am in the minority or am I? let me hear from other members about Mikey's hot dog presentation. :D kid

Kid

You are in danger of having your Jersey birth revoked.

First you tell us you dont remember TPR

Now you tell us you are not into loaded Hotdogs

Next you are going to tell us you dont do Diners

Say it aint so!

Have you never had a Windmill Dog?

Ronald it was not me that came from New Jersey it was my Wife. I lived there less than a year when I went back home in Massachusetts. I met my Wife while I went to work in my Uncle's Joe's diner in Manasquan. The diner has since been removed. I will say I do recall cooking the sandwich Taylor Ham at the diner. I did call my brother-in-law and he said they call the TPR that too. being in the back of the kitchen I only took the orders from the waitresses for Taylor Ham. Up here in Ma. I buy Kayem Hot Dogs yummy. have a good day, :D kid

Ronald it was not me that came from New Jersey it was my Wife. I lived there less than a year when I went back home in Massachusetts. I met my Wife while I went to work in my Uncle's Joe's diner in Manasquan. The diner has since been removed. I will say I do recall cooking the sandwich Taylor Ham at the diner. I did call my brother-in-law and he said they call the TPR that too. being in the back of the kitchen I only took the orders from the waitresses for Taylor Ham. Up here in Ma. I buy Kayem Hot Dogs yummy. have a good day, :D kid

Have you tried the Kayem Natural Casing Hot Dogs?

yes I have and I like both. guess what! it goes to show you that I don't shop too much. My Wife just returned with a package of Nathan's and a package of Hebrew National hot dogs. I never bother to check out the various hot dogs before probably because I just ate Kayems. I'm going to cook one of each for my Wife and I tonight. too much snow outside tonight so I'll cook them in a frying pan along with some fried potatoes,onions and peppers. I'll see about taking a photo when I'm finished cooking. kid

Ronald, I also meant to say good luck on your Ravens against our Pats. I think we may pull it off but you have a couple of dangerous runners with Ray Rice and Willis MaGahee and you never know. some of us up here are not to happy with Belicheck. Kid

Ronald, I also meant to say good luck on your Ravens against our Pats. I think we may pull it off but you have a couple of dangerous runners with Ray Rice and Willis MaGahee and you never know. some of us up here are not to happy with Belicheck. Kid

Belicheck was raised not to far from me. His dad worked at the Naval Academy. I cant stand him either and prior to the game played against the Pats earlier in the year I was ok with Tom Brady.

Raven fans are still not over the so-called Brady rule and the fact that the league sent the Ravens an im sorry letter has only made it worse. I have a friend on the Pats that wants out and I hope he gets his wish and can come back to the Ravens.

You hate to see anybody get hurt , but I have to tell you that Brady is in trouble. There is not another QB in the league who has acted like a little girl and even fellow Pats dont like it.

I just hope the game is decided on the field and not by the Ref's

Was in Baltimore yesterday and went to Polock Johnny's

Picked up a pack of Polish Sausage and a quart of Works Sauce

http://www.polockjohnnys.com/history.html

post-20-1262989319_thumb.jpg

$19 for the sausage and $6.50 for the sauce

Finished product

post-20-1262989341_thumb.jpg

Man was that good

the game will be interesting. My Brother's Brother-in-law was on the Pat's team for a short while and he arranged to have Steve Grogan come to his place of work and wished him a Happy Birthday. Boy, was my Brother surprised when I went out back to tell him someone was there to see him. I had to share this moment. Kid

I hope this comes out okay with the pictures. My Wife and I had both the Hebrew National and Nathan's and you know what, we liked each of them. I found them a little stronger than Kayem's and would definitely eat them again. Kid

post-6942-1262992009_thumb.jpg post-6942-1262992046_thumb.jpg

post-6942-1262992087_thumb.jpg post-6942-1262992121_thumb.jpg

post-6942-1262992146_thumb.jpg

I hope this comes out okay with the pictures. My Wife and I had both the Hebrew National and Nathan's and you know what, we liked each of them. I found them a little stronger than Kayem's and would definitely eat them again. Kid

post-6942-1262992009_thumb.jpg

Kid

Are both of the hotdogs at the bottom Hebrew Nationals?

They look like two different dogs

Kid

Are both of the hotdogs at the bottom Hebrew Nationals?

They look like two different dogs

ya, my Wife said one was different than the other, Hebrew had 7 in the package which I thought was unusual. I see in the picture that one is lighter in color. I hope it was okay hee hee, it tasted good. My Wife and I could have had more potatoes though, I cooked only a few. My Wife liked the looks of your sausage sandwich. When the weather gets better, I'll cook some sweet sausage on the BBQ. stay warm, I see it's 27 degrees down there. :D Kid

Found 2 new hotdogs in natural casings

post-20-1263216345_thumb.jpg

They are made by Dietz and Watson

The New York style is 100% beef

The Weiners are beef & pork

The Weiners are larger

The New York style is going to be football food of choice during the current playoffs as I managed to finish off the pack while the Ravens were taking the Patriots behind the woodshed :)

What a surprise!! The Pats seem to just gave up after the first quarter. The Ravens looked good and chargered up. It was nice to see the Ravens coach make a hand shaking lap around the field. As I said in my earlier post, we are not happy with Bellichek too. What does baseball start? ha ha good luck next week and I hope the Ravens win. :) Kid

What a surprise!! The Pats seem to just gave up after the first quarter. The Ravens looked good and chargered up. It was nice to see the Ravens coach make a hand shaking lap around the field. As I said in my earlier post, we are not happy with Bellichek too. What does baseball start? ha ha good luck next week and I hope the Ravens win. ;) Kid

Ronald - I thought about you often during that game! I envisioned you dancing on stars! It was a real shocker! They charged right from that first play and never backed off for a second! An unbelievable upset.

Kid - the Pats didn't give up - they just showed up without their game! Baltimore trounced them real good. This is starting off as a great post season for football! Especially for a depressed Giants fan.... :)

We'll have to see what the Chargers can do next..

mikey

Then there was the Cardinals/Packers game - 96 points total! I don't think I've cheered AND cussed equally in a single game in a long time! I think the Cards can beat New Orleans next week..... maybe.....

beach