Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluesin

He ain't prissy thats for sure...

So its been about 10 weeks since we bought our new Aussie named Jazz home. At 8 weeks, when we got him he was 12 pounds, at 12 weeks he was 18 pounds and at 16 weeks he was 24 pounds and now weighs 28 pounds and is a few days over 18 weeks old. He's gonna be a big Aussie it appears.

So far hes been a great dog, I have been suprised at how calm he is for an Aussie pup. He likes the pool, one of his favorite things to do is to get wet on the steps, get out and go dig in the dirt and then get back in the steps to clean himself off, yea yea I know, but it really is funny to watch ;)

We had a good bit of rain Saturday evening and he apparently smelled something that I perhaps dropped from the rib smoke on Saturday and he decided he was going to dig a hole in the completely soaked ground in order to find it!

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

And of course after digging said hole the only natural thing for a dog to do is to jump his dirty butt up on one of our chaise lounges :D

DSC_0026.JPG

It wasn't me dad, the other dog did it :D

Fun stuff, life just would not be the same without dogs in our lives that's for sure!!!

Here's a pic of our other Aussie, Belle, about to catch a tennis ball!

DSC_0048.JPG

So what are ya'll BBQ Buddies been doing lately?

Bluesin

What a great looking and acting dog! Not one of those carry around in your pocket animals but a real fun outdoor dog who knows the value of dirt, comfort and cushy lounge chairs.

I can't wait for him to take a swim, and then do the digging and rolling around in the dirt. then on to the couch in front of the big screen.

Been there, done that but you can;t stay angry with them for long.

Shelly

Been there, done that but you can;t stay angry with them for long.

One thing I've learned is that life with them is too short to ever be angry with a dog, I just simply laugh out loud. Heck there was the time I let Belle out to go to the bathroom at 4am in the sleet and show and she promptly rushed back through the door and quickly jumped up on the bed and laid down on my pillow all covered in ice cold sleet and snow. I laughed and went and made a pot of coffee as it was going to be an early morning for me that day:>)

Belle is simply the queen of wet and dirty and furniture/beds that's for sure

Here's a pic for ya, this is at the beach, after getting soaked in seawater and covered in sand playing frisbee on the beach and me throughly rinsing her off with the hose after which she promptly went upstairs to our bedroom and did this

744_2008.03.02__19.01_.JPG

:D

What can you say, Aussies are funny dogs, if you let them be them they will give you a good laugh quite often!!!

Bluesin

One thing I've learned is that life with them is too short to ever be angry with a dog, I just simply laugh out loud. Heck there was the time I let Belle out to go to the bathroom at 4am in the sleet and show and she promptly rushed back through the door and quickly jumped up on the bed and laid down on my pillow all covered in ice cold sleet and snow. I laughed and went and made a pot of coffee as it was going to be an early morning for me that day:>)

Belle is simply the queen of wet and dirty and furniture/beds that's for sure

Here's a pic for ya, this is at the beach, after getting soaked in seawater and covered in sand playing frisbee on the beach and me throughly rinsing her off with the hose after which she promptly went upstairs to our bedroom and did this

744_2008.03.02__19.01_.JPG

:P

What can you say, Aussies are funny dogs, if you let them be them they will give you a good laugh quite often!!!

Bluesin

Great pictures but we've got some that would disagree!

catsrule.jpg

This is a first at our house, our minpin really rules and this would never have happened if she wasn't asleep in another room. Love your dogs!

Don

We had this huge "lion" for just a few days as we were "pet sitting", but cats definitely rule! He took over this chair and no dog (or human) dared get close as this ferocious feline would bare those awesome fangs and display horrendous claws to protect his domain! I find it very difficult and shudder just viewing these few photos as I tremble in fear thinking of the horrible havoc that could be wrecked with this dominating species of cat! Hopefully - none of you will suffer nightmares after looking at these pictures... Try to stifle your shudders and remind yourself that they are only pictures, and you are safely and well distant from a vengeful swipe of those huge and devastating paws and ferocious fangs! :P:)

Don't Even Think About Sitting On This Chair!

post-640-1247588901_thumb.jpgpost-640-1247588933_thumb.jpgpost-640-1247588939_thumb.jpg

By the way - his name is Cozy, impossible as it seems. The name fools many until they actually meet up with this monster! And just imagine what he will look like in a few years as he grows beyond this kitten stage! :)

By the way Dave - I love your dog and the pictures of same! I hear you on how they are uncanny about getting messed up and then retiring in all their filth to our chairs, beds, etc.!!! :)

Don - great kittens! Love the pose! :)

Mike

We had this huge "lion" for just a few days as we were "pet sitting", but cats definitely rule! He took over this chair and no dog (or human) dared get close as this ferocious feline would bare those awesome fangs and display horrendous claws to protect his domain! I find it very difficult and shudder just viewing these few photos as I tremble in fear thinking of the horrible havoc that could be wrecked with this dominating species of cat! Hopefully - none of you will suffer nightmares after looking at these pictures... Try to stifle your shudders and remind yourself that they are only pictures, and you are safely and well distant from a vengeful swipe of those huge and devastating paws and ferocious fangs!

LOL, I am trembling in fear now, however I don't think I mentioned that inside of that cute little puppy lives a ferocious little Nibble Monster whom we have named Narble, one minute Jazz is licking you to death and the next Narble comes out and starts nibbling on you and youy never know which one you are dealing with until blood has been drawn:>)

Bluesin

LOL, I am trembling in fear now, however I don't think I mentioned that inside of that cute little puppy lives a ferocious little Nibble Monster whom we have named Narble, one minute Jazz is licking you to death and the next Narble comes out and starts nibbling on you and youy never know which one you are dealing with until blood has been drawn:>)

Bluesin

Me, Myself & Narble... :P:):)

From the Jim Carrie Movie "Me, Myself & Irene". :)

Mike

It wasn't me Dad!

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

I swear it was that other dog, I'm just trying to clean up the mess she made!!!!

Ha Mike, you think your little lion is tough, that was a perfectly healthy strong whole box of Kleenex tissues that Narble the Nibble Monster managed to destroy in a matter of minutes!!!!

:>)

gorgeous dog. we had a b&w aussie shepherd mix that was also crazy looking like yours.

great dogs, crazy looking, but great.

I'm not sure where I got this or who sent it to me, but these guys sure would welcome being bbq buddies.

Shelly

post-3061-1248014640_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure where I got this or who sent it to me, but these guys sure would welcome being bbq buddies.

Shelly

Shelly,

Oh man! That's for sure one of the most cutest and unique pet shots I've ever seen! With my daughter living in NYC, I see many homeless and this one takes the cake! I'm wondering how they ever got the cat to strike that pose! :)

Thanks for brightening up my morning! You sure brought a smile to my face! :)

Mike

Very nice Dave! One of our dogs is still a little out of control on a leash...Mike, our cat has almost identical markings and colors!

Funny Stuff Shelly, thanks for posting it!!!!

Dave