Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cuskit

Maine Coon

14 posts in this topic

Snapples - our Maine Coon. He now visits the Rainbow Bridge to meet with our Lab/Shepard mix (Whiskey), but I often think of him and miss him sorely (as I do all of our pets that have passed on). I've tons of pictures to immortalize them, and this is one of my favorites of Snapples. He loved posing for the camera. By the way - his favorite food was grilled chicken!

Snapples

post-640-1248376568_thumb.jpg

mikey

Snapples - our Maine Coon. He now visits the Rainbow Bridge to meet with our Lab/Shepard mix (Whiskey), but I often think of him and miss him sorely (as I do all of our pets that have passed on). I've tons of pictures to immortalize them, and this is one of my favorites of Snapples. He loved posing for the camera. By the way - his favorite food was grilled chicken!

Snapples

post-640-1248376568_thumb.jpg

mikey

He looks alot like my Maine Coon (Bouncer) might have some pictures around the house, he's 10 yrs old. Also have eight other types of cats and two dogs (Husky/Lab) and ( Chow mixed). Bouncer likes chicken and seafood and anything that hits the floor. smoken yankee

He looks alot like my Maine Coon (Bouncer) might have some pictures around the house, he's 10 yrs old. Also have eight other types of cats and two dogs (Husky/Lab) and ( Chow mixed). Bouncer likes chicken and seafood and anything that hits the floor. smoken yankee

I'd love to see pics of Bouncer. I can't say how terribly lonesome the house is without Snapples around, even though we now have a Boston Terrier. Other than his thick and long fur, Snapples (and I believe most Maine Coons) had the most piercing eyes, more like a raptor than a feline. His glance was always very intent, you always had the feeling he was about to pounce on his prey (which was anything that moved in the house, including blowing curtains)! ;)

But he loved to be held and loved. He wasn't content unless he was pressed up against you, or just laying floppingly in your arms as you sat and watched tv or read a book. Yup. I sure do miss that guy!

mike

Sorry for your loss.

Here is our old cat, Sashimi. She too has visited the "Rainbow Bridge".

post-7993-1256755798_thumb.jpg

I'd love to see pics of Bouncer. I can't say how terribly lonesome the house is without Snapples around, even though we now have a Boston Terrier. Other than his thick and long fur, Snapples (and I believe most Maine Coons) had the most piercing eyes, more like a raptor than a feline. His glance was always very intent, you always had the feeling he was about to pounce on his prey (which was anything that moved in the house, including blowing curtains)! ;)

But he loved to be held and loved. He wasn't content unless he was pressed up against you, or just laying floppingly in your arms as you sat and watched tv or read a book. Yup. I sure do miss that guy!

mike

The wife and I rescue cats off the streets in back yards, that's how we found Bouncer when he was a kitten. We take the cats that people won't adopt like Simon (blind) and Atheina (she was set on fire by some kids) and she had lost part of her ear and her hip was broken but she's doing fine (3yrs old) and of course there's ma ma cat (manex)sp she had lost her kittens and is one mean "B" but I set her straight one day when she bit the hell out of me so I bit her back (on her ear)..LOL now she's my best friend. But the cats that can be adopted go to a shelter called small miracles (cats only) inwitch my wife works at. Larry

sorry for your lost. we too have a black Maine Coon who brings so much joy to us. our first cat mixed tiger lived 19 years and our second cat which was all black that was 5 years old when we got him from the animal shelter and had him another 5 years before he succumbed to cancer. he was great and weight almost 20 pounds. Nicki, our Maine Coon is 12 years old and has to be the funniest cat ever. He usually lays on the floor upside down looking at us. I'm sure all you cat lovers out there have tons of stories about yours. Kid

Nicki - the Maine Coon

post-640-1257115394_thumb.jpg

sorry for your lost. we too have a black Maine Coon who brings so much joy to us. our first cat mixed tiger lived 19 years and our second cat which was all black that was 5 years old when we got him from the animal shelter and had him another 5 years before he succumbed to cancer. he was great and weight almost 20 pounds. Nicki, our Maine Coon is 12 years old and has to be the funniest cat ever. He usually lays on the floor upside down looking at us. I'm sure all you cat lovers out there have tons of stories about yours. Kid

Kid - how about a picture of your coon?

All cats are born funny! They are hilarious, and know it! Uncanny how they respond to humans. But it takes a cat owner (like you and the others here) to know this. They know they rule the house..

Eric, I love that name - Sashimi! Does it have a meaning? Sounds Asian.. Probably Snapples and Sashimi are grilling up some wings as we speak! ;)

Smoking Yankee - that's an admirable thing you do! Tip of my hat to you, the world needs more who care for these poor animals. I cringe when I see what goes on out there, on tv I have to change the channel as I can't bear to see the suffering many have to endure. Which makes you and your wife all the more precious to the feline community. Thanks for all you do! :lol:

mike

Kid - how about a picture of your coon?

All cats are born funny! They are hilarious, and know it! Uncanny how they respond to humans. But it takes a cat owner (like you and the others here) to know this. They know they rule the house..

Eric, I love that name - Sashimi! Does it have a meaning? Sounds Asian.. Probably Snapples and Sashimi are grilling up some wings as we speak! :ph34r:

Smoking Yankee - that's an admirable thing you do! Tip of my hat to you, the world needs more who care for these poor animals. I cringe when I see what goes on out there, on tv I have to change the channel as I can't bear to see the suffering many have to endure. Which makes you and your wife all the more precious to the feline community. Thanks for all you do! :angry:

mike

I'll try and get some pictures of the four cat's I've told you about starting with Bouncer this weekend and I'm very sorry about the lost of Snapples. Larry

Yes, Sashimi, aka "The Meems" does have meaning. My wife got her other cat, Sushi, first, and right before she met me, she got the Meems who was from the same family as Sushi.

The Meems took a liking to me right away and pretty much became my cat.

She would grab one of her mouse toys or the red "Das Boot" toy in her mouth and carry it up and down the hallway, while "growling" at the same time. She was also a smart cat who could do any trick you taught her.

She also slept on my side of the bed most times.

After 15 years, she got cancer. She went from 14 pounds to, at the end,4. I stayed up with her the last two nights of her life, and finally, at 11:00 on the last day of her life, she began to yelp. I called the wife and told her to meet me at the vet.

We put her to sleep and till this day, it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Here they are together, with "Das Boot".

post-7993-1256822582_thumb.jpg

Yes, Sashimi, aka "The Meems" does have meaning. My wife got her other cat, Sushi, first, and right before she met me, she got the Meems who was from the same family as Sushi.

The Meems took a liking to me right away and pretty much became my cat.

She would grab one of her mouse toys or the red "Das Boot" toy in her mouth and carry it up and down the hallway, while "growling" at the same time. She was also a smart cat who could do any trick you taught her.

She also slept on my side of the bed most times.

After 15 years, she got cancer. She went from 14 pounds to, at the end,4. I stayed up with her the last two nights of her life, and finally, at 11:00 on the last day of her life, she began to yelp. I called the wife and told her to meet me at the vet.

We put her to sleep and till this day, it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Here they are together, with "Das Boot".

What a nice story! And I hear you on the "hardest thing" as I've done the same with many pets. The only way to ease that pain is to get another as quickly as possible.. It doesn't take away missing the little tykes, but does allow us to move on. And it's always satisfying to know we are helping another pet. It's like their spirits just keep moving on with us through the new pets. I swear that Miles (our new dog) is Whiskey (our last dog) reincarnated. It's uncanny how he just knew everything about the house his first trip home... :ph34r:

Mike

Nicki - the Maine Coon

post-640-1257115394_thumb.jpg

Durango Kid,

That's a really beautiful cat! Huge! Love his black fur! If that was my Snapples, the cardboard carton next to him would have been shredded within minutes of Snap getting to it. He just loved to claw up cardboard. I have a brand new Sony CD/MP3/Cassette player with dual decks and speakers still in the original box, unopened. Made the mistake of setting the box on the floor one night before Patty and I were going out to dinner, and when we got back we found a huge pile of shredded cardboard shavings next to what had been a perfect box! At the store I took care to ensure the carton had no dents or folds - yea - what a waste of time. A year later or so, the box is still sitting in our walk-in-closet, the one side shredded to Hell, but still unopened. Can't even eBay the danged thing because of the box! :ph34r: Snapples, hope you are up there chuckling at me right now! :blink: Sure do miss you!

Yea, Kid - you do have a beautiful cat. And he looks well behaved compared to my ol' Snapples!

mike

In short, great looking cats. Every cat posted appears to be extremely happy!

Thanks for sharing guys! Kind of a small world here... our pet chicken loves grilled CAT!!!! (sorry.. couldn't resist..)

Actually, we have many farm cats. Currently we have 13 cats running around our acreage, including 5 kittens that are about 4 weeks old. About 2 weeks ago, the momma cat, Monkey, was attacked by a coyote that had a nice little meal of about 3x5 inches of her hip. He bit clear down to her spine and hip bone. We didn't think there was any way she was gunna survive this one and she wouldn't let us catch her so when she was gone the next morning we figured nature had taken it's course. 2 days later, I was going out to the garage and there she was, in the garage on the step to the house! I couldn't beleive it! She was alive and walking around, missing about half of her hip and hardly limping! She had snuck into the garage and curled up in the corner and cleaned herself up. She was doing pretty well. I fed her and then she let me pick her up. We had brought her kittens inside and had already started bottle feeding her 5 kittens. We put her in the box with the kittens and they hissed at her. She wasn't about to stay with them and jumped out of the box, so the kittens got a new Mom. Kim or Miranda get up in the morning and give them the bottle. They get fed 3 times a day. They are such big babies! After they eat, we leave them out to run around. They don't make any messes on the floor and have already learned to use the litter box! A few of them are eating food soften with sweetend condensed milk, which is what they are eating from the bottle. They climb up your leg to get into your lap and fall asleep. They are going to make a few new owners some really great inside cats! No way these cats can go back outside. They have no idea about being quiet so the coyotes don't find them. If anyone would like an amazingly lovable kitten, either smoked or alive, please let me know! It looks like we will have 3 females that will need a home. Our son fell in love with one male and we gave his last one away so he gets to keep it. We only keep females if we don't have more than one left. Being in the country, they don't have long lives so we have to keep a few around. We have never had a mouse in the house and we want to keep it that way. Our 2 minature Schnauzers love the kittens and play with them very gently.

Isn't it funny how cats seem to gravitate to people that aren't cat people? I don't hate cats but I like dogs better. The cats are constantly in my lap! I don't ever pick them up but they are always wanting my attention. Funny animals.

Having no cattitude,

Sink

Cats do gravitate to people who don't like them. they seem to go to people who are also allergic to them. with my cat Nicki though and I don't understand it and maybe because he is a Maine Coon but my Brother and Niece don't get bother by Nicki because of their allergies. I also had an Aunt (deceased) now who was completely deaf since childhood who would visit us and Nicki gave her all kinds of love and attention. I think everybody who has a pet can write a book about them. When I went to see my Aunt in a nursing home I would often see dogs brought in by their owners and visit with the residents and some residents that never communicate brighten up when the dogs come. thank goodness for Gods creatures. Kid