Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tubby's Smokehouse

My Grilling/Smoking Mentors

9 posts in this topic

Meet Tubby and Samantha, their culinary wisdom and refined pallets are second to none, if they eat something in one gulp (no chewing) it's grilled to perfection if on the other hand they chew then swallow, more seasoning is desired, if they just lick it, it's not fit for a dog to eat. All in all they have proved to be a valuable resource in the never ending quest for BBQ perfection.....................Jim.....P.S. Tubby's the little fat one (he weighs more than the Great Dane)...........

Cool Tubby, thanks for posting pics of you pets, we need more of that around here...

FYI, we have a forum for just this and I moved this post to it, its called BBQ Buddies...

Bluesin

Jim,

I have cats that help me with smoking.... If I don't have enough meat, I throw a few in the smoker! PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Pets are great, aren't they???

Sink

Oh... great pix of your dogs!!!!

Jim,

I have cats that help me with smoking.... If I don't have enough meat, I throw a few in the smoker! PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Pets are great, aren't they???

Sink

Oh... great pix of your dogs!!!!

Thanks Blue I couldn't remember where the animal pics were posted sorry, Sink, Pets are great they sure bring a lot of joy to us, mine are sure knuckleheads....................jim

Believe it or not my biggest inspiration to try NEW things on the grill is Uncle Shelly'

Of course my family inspires me to cook things because as they say "I do it so well"....I keep thinking its because it relieves my wife from cooking then LoL

Believe it or not my biggest inspiration to try NEW things on the grill is Uncle Shelly'

Of course my family inspires me to cook things because as they say "I do it so well"....I keep thinking its because it relieves my wife from cooking then LoL

Just throw this old dog a bone now and then. ;)

Shelly

I can't keep with Jim or Shelly on here. You guys are just way too advanced when it comes to grilling. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say you guys are awesome....

;)

I can't keep with Jim or Shelly on here. You guys are just way too advanced when it comes to grilling. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say you guys are awesome....

:unsure:

Sure you can Kevin, just keep grillin and keep yer ears open, my Grandpa worked for Hormel meats for 40 years and grabbed me when I was a youngster, instead of taking me fishing we smoked, cured, grilled anything that walked crawled, swam or flew, its all about doing, with that comes knowledge and experience, Shelly didn't just wake up one day to become a fabulous chef, he had his moments in his career, every single time you cook you teach yourself something.

Thanks for the compliment ;)

jim

Sure you can Kevin, just keep grillin and keep yer ears open, my Grandpa worked for Hormel meats for 40 years and grabbed me when I was a youngster, instead of taking me fishing we smoked, cured, grilled anything that walked crawled, swam or flew, its all about doing, with that comes knowledge and experience, Shelly didn't just wake up one day to become a fabulous chef, he had his moments in his career, every single time you cook you teach yourself something.

Thanks for the compliment :)

jim

Yeah, kevin -- jimbo's right. And remember, his desciption of his taster's didn't get into the "gag response"...

Couldn't resist, jimmybobboy. :lol: But yeah, you and Shelly are the envy of us all. And there are a few other maestro's here that deserve credit too, so please be sure you give it to yourselves. :P Rich