Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cuskit

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: An All-American Road Trip

I've enjoyed this show quite often, and have just discovered it's out in book form (actually the third edition is already out). Might make for a nice stocking stuffer (hint to the wife)! :o

Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Diners-Drive-ins-Div.../ref=pd_sim_b_1 to Amazon if anyone wants to purchase it there. I'm gonna send this link to a few family members along with a picture of a Xmas stocking hanging on the mantle - you think they'll get the hint? :P

A "dining, drive-in dive" type of guy - mikey

I've enjoyed this show quite often, and have just discovered it's out in book form (actually the third edition is already out). Might make for a nice stocking stuffer (hint to the wife)! :o

Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Diners-Drive-ins-Div.../ref=pd_sim_b_1 to Amazon if anyone wants to purchase it there. I'm gonna send this link to a few family members along with a picture of a Xmas stocking hanging on the mantle - you think they'll get the hint? :P

A "dining, drive-in dive" type of guy - mikey

He also has a new one out Mikey called "More Diners, Drive ins and Dives

In my opinion those people are your real chefs, one of those Burger joints featured in his first book is on old historic route 66 a few miles from my house and he's not kidding there burgers are fantastic.

Adam Rich from Man versus Food goes to some killer hole in the wall dives also.

Some of the best food in America comes out of those "Dives"

I will take those kinda meals over some chef putting 3 bites of food on a decorated plate, calling it some fancy french name and charging me 60 bucks any day (no offense to Shelly of course) :P

My kinda eats :D

jim

He also has a new one out Mikey called "More Diners, Drive ins and Dives

In my opinion those people are your real chefs, one of those Burger joints featured in his first book is on old historic route 66 a few miles from my house and he's not kidding there burgers are fantastic.

Adam Rich from Man versus Food goes to some killer hole in the wall dives also.

Some of the best food in America comes out of those "Dives"

I will take those kinda meals over some chef putting 3 bites of food on a decorated plate, calling it some fancy french name and charging me 60 bucks any day (no offense to Shelly of course) :o

My kinda eats :P

jim

I love DDD & Man VS Food

I have a list of places from the shows & I have been to almost all of the places in NJ,MD, VA

I have also been to some "In Search of the perfect Hotdog" that I have recomended that they go to.

I no it's an east coast thing or actually a mid-atlantic thing , but Jersey and Maryland have a diner every three feet.

Are they hole in the walls , oh yeah. Is the food amazing, you bet

The best part is that in the cities they are open 24 hrs a day

I love DDD & Man VS Food

I have a list of places from the shows & I have been to almost all of the places in NJ,MD, VA

I have also been to some "In Search of the perfect Hotdog" that I have recomended that they go to.

I no it's an east coast thing or actually a mid-atlantic thing , but Jersey and Maryland have a diner every three feet.

Are they hole in the walls , oh yeah. Is the food amazing, you bet

The best part is that in the cities they are open 24 hrs a day

Amen Ronald I just saw the Man V food where some guy grills a hot dog then puts cheese and strawberry jam on them folks were lined up out side his place.

I like the diner vibe also and the prices can't be beat

all the ones around my place have an "A" posted in the windows from the health board also they are some respectable "Dives"

jim