Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troy D

Wanted: Used Thermapen

I know the termapens are worth the price, but i'm having trouble convincing myself to spend that much on an instant read thermo. I WOULD consider buying a gently used one for cheaper though... :unsure: So anyone out there that has one they don't use anymore, or have upgraded to the new splashproof ones let me know and lets see if we can make a deal!!

Thanks

Troy

I know the termapens are worth the price, but i'm having trouble convincing myself to spend that much on an instant read thermo. I WOULD consider buying a gently used one for cheaper though... ;) So anyone out there that has one they don't use anymore, or have upgraded to the new splashproof ones let me know and lets see if we can make a deal!!

Thanks

Troy

Contact them directly, they often have refurbished units at significantly reduced prices. I don't have one yet either, but everyone I know who does, gives them rave reviews.

Huck

Contact them directly, they often have refurbished units at significantly reduced prices. I don't have one yet either, but everyone I know who does, gives them rave reviews.

Huck

Hmmm that sounds like a great idea, thanks!!

I've never had much luck with my thermapen.

The temperature reading changes according to the depth you insert it into the meat so I can't rely on it as much as just looking at and touching the meat, as well as my cooking experience.

Stick it deep into the middle of the meat and slowly withdraw it. You will see that the temperature increases as you get more towards the outside of the meat which is, obviously, more cooked.

I do like it for getting instant temperature reads on liquids, bread dough, ambient air temperature and anything else that has a more consistent temperature within.

Shelly