Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

secretsauce

Let's Take a Stand!!!

28 posts in this topic

Hello, I work with Miracle Whip and we have a little friendly competition running on the Miracle Whip Facebook page. It's called take a stand. We're challenging everyone to come Take a Stand about something they are passionate about. And it's a fun way to see how many others feel the same way you do. What do you think?

sounds like a gooder way to start a flame & troll war

What the hell is a "flame and troll" war?

I'm pretty passionate about Duke's Mayo on my homegrown Mater sammiches. Sorry Secretsauce, life's too short to use fake mayo.

sounds like a gooder way to start a flame & troll war

Yeah, I agree. I don't think most members here who participate over time have too much trouble taking a stand. :) Sometimes we have to remind each other that "maybe it's time to stop" ;) . The good news is that we tend to respond appropriaty. Rich

Hey, no Miracle Whip bashing please.

Miracle Whip is to mayonnaise as Velveeta is to cheese.

And since there are so many Velveeta fanboys around here, thye must be into Miracle Whip as well. :)

Shelly

Hey, so Miracle Whip bashing please.

And since there are so many Velveeta fanboys around here, thye must be into Miracle Whip as well. :)

Shelly

:);):lol::lol:

Hey, so Miracle Whip bashing please.

Shelly

Hey! Don't mess with my MW! Nothing beats topping a ham & velveeta with lettuce tomato and MW! ;)

mikey (the whipped velveeta fanboy)

Shelly

Can't argue with that Shelly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since I don't think I have ever tried Miracle Whip, I sure am going to now based on your recommendation ;)

Thanks for the tip!!

Jim

Can't argue with that Shelly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since I don't think I have ever tried Miracle Whip, I sure am going to now based on your recommendation ;)

Thanks for the tip!!

Jim

Come on guys! Have you tried Duke's? It's what Mayo is supposed to taste like because it's the real thing. No sugar, nothing in it your grandma wouldn't recognize.

Here's a little 'Mental Floss':

What's the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip?

Come on guys! Have you tried Duke's? It's what Mayo is supposed to taste like because it's the real thing. No sugar, nothing in it your grandma wouldn't recognize.

Here's a little 'Mental Floss':

What's the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip?

To be truthful, both have their place in our daily menus. So says my Patty. For instance - for her elbow macaroni, she'll use Miracle Whip. But for her potato, tuna and chicken salads, she's very adamant about using Hellman's. Same on her sammich's - gotta be mayo. But egg salad - again with the MW. So, both reside on equal ratings in her cupboard, both filling different needs. And around this neck of the woods - Patty's reputation in the kitchen is well renown and respected! Especially by me, which doesn't mean much since I'm strictly a meat & potatoes kind of guy. :lol: And personally - I'll reach for the MW every time over mayo!

But that's hand in hand with the words of my mother when I was born (ten minutes before my twin) - "A miracle! Two for the price of one"! ;) Yep - I've had a big rep to fill since the day I was born! :lol::lol: Miracle Whip for the miracle baby! :)

Whippy Mikey

To be truthful, both have their place in our daily menus. So says my Patty. For instance - for her elbow macaroni, she'll use Miracle Whip. But for her potato, tuna and chicken salads, she's very adamant about using Hellman's. Same on her sammich's - gotta be mayo. But egg salad - again with the MW. So, both reside on equal ratings in her cupboard, both filling different needs. And around this neck of the woods - Patty's reputation in the kitchen is well renown and respected! Especially by me, which doesn't mean much since I'm strictly a meat & potatoes kind of guy. :lol: And personally - I'll reach for the MW every time over mayo!

But that's hand in hand with the words of my mother when I was born (ten minutes before my twin) - "A miracle! Two for the price of one"! :) Yep - I've had a big rep to fill since the day I was born! :lol::lol: Miracle Whip for the miracle baby! :)

Whippy Mikey

I agree Mikey...just trying to take a stand about my homegrown mater sammiches and yanking secretsauce's chain ;)

Contrary to your wife, I like it in my Chicken, Turkey and Tuna salad. I use MW and as a top secret ingredient in my interpretation of "Flo's Garlic Bread" (Flo's Place, Murrell's Inlet, SC) Mix a couple of minced garlic cloves in a 1/2 cup of MW, add a little extra salt. Smear it on slices of French bread and pan grill it. Yummola! Flo is dead now but she refused to share the recipe the 35 years she was there. The restaurant is still there and still good.

Flo is dead now but she refused to share the recipe the 35 years she was there.

So in a nutshell what you're saying is Flo is a close relative of Shelly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So in a nutshell what you're saying is Flo is a close relative of Shelly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Aunt Flo was a real pisser!

Hey, I have something to tell you that will make your day, Jimbo.

I ate a piece of Peaches' Velveeta tonight after I wrapped her 6 evening pills in it.

Best thing I've ever tasted!!!!!!!! The only thing that could improve on it would be a shmear of Miracle Whip and roll it up. ;):) :) :lol: :lol:

Shelly

I ate a piece of Peaches' Velveeta tonight after I wrapped her 6 evening pills in it.

Best thing I've ever tasted!!!!!!!! The only thing that could improve on it would be a shmear of Miracle Whip and roll it up. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shelly

Shelly,

Actually, Velveeta taste's like a toad's backside on a dry august day. What you tasted was the 6 evening pills. I'm guessing you mistakenly swapped pieces with peaches! :lol::lol:

Now, what exactly are those pills for? ;):(

Mikey - the Whipped Miracle

Best thing I've ever tasted!!!!!!!! The only thing that could improve on it would be a shmear of Miracle Whip and roll it up. ;):(:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shelly

Shelly I think mikey beat me to the punch this time, but I do have a serious question, Peaches has health concerns and is on medication? 6 pills? for how many different afflictions?

So my question is why the HELL are you giving her, her Meds in Velvetta are you trying to kill her? :lol: :

Or is the tasty goodness of the Velvetta the only way the poor thing will ingest her medication? :lol:

I still say Peaches is the luckiest dog on the planet she has a gourmet chef dodling over her day and night :lol:

Hell if that way me, I would just take the meds if ya made me one of those pizzas :lol:

jimbo

Shelly I think mikey beat me to the punch this time, but I do have a serious question, Peaches has health concerns and is on medication? 6 pills? for how many different afflictions?

So my question is why the HELL are you giving her, her Meds in Velvetta are you trying to kill her? :lol: :

Or is the tasty goodness of the Velvetta the only way the poor thing will ingest her medication? :(

I still say Peaches is the luckiest dog on the planet she has a gourmet chef dodling over her day and night ;)

Hell if that way me, I would just take the meds if ya made me one of those pizzas :lol:

jimbo

She takes 3 pain pills in the morning and 2 pain pills at lunch and 2 pain pills in the evening.

Then there is the Thyroid pill 2x a day, 2 antibiotics twice a day for ear infection, glucosimine/condroitin 2x day, Multivitamin pill 2x day.

I use the Velveeta for morning and evening as she will not take the pills any other way. One of the pain pills is so bitter to her that if she tastes it, she foams up immediately spitting up everything that;s in her.

She gets her lunch pills in liverwurst just before her two slices of pizza.

But they work and she is happy, out of the pain that torn ligaments in both rear legs have caused her, she plays and runs around the house several times a day with toys in her mouth wanting to play and walks like an old lady.

She can't run much or walk long distances any more but I drive her in to the park where we used to walk every day for 12 years. She's been there abou 5000 times.

All the park rangers know her and let me do this without any permit. We walk a bit and then we stays at an intersection where 4 paths converge and she gets to see her dog and people friends who all come by to say hello to her and pay mucho attention to her as well. This absolutely makes her day. We do this 1-2 times a week. And I take her in the truck with me where ever I go. So she still has a high quality of life going on for herself. we use a half sized ramp to get her in and out of the truck but I have to give her some help now. She used to just jump in.

Shelly