Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rpearlberg

Tools/Brush for new Weber S-310

I want to get a good set of tools for my new grill. I got the Weber Genesis S-310.

Let me know what is recommended....for the money I spent on the grill I want some good tools that will last a long time.

Thanks,

Richard

I would get a 1 ond 2 inch plastic putty knife for cleaning and scraping the drip tray.

Also went to our local Menards and bought a cheap brass brush for cleaning the grates. I'd much rather buy cheaper brushes (paid $3) and buy more of them than spend alot on one brush that will virtually get beaten, heated, destryoed.

Just my 2 cents

Edit to add. The brass brush has lasted all cooking season and I anticipate it going through most if not all next season

post-9496-1288824592_thumb.jpg

I would get a 1 ond 2 inch plastic putty knife for cleaning and scraping the drip tray.

Also went to our local Menards and bought a cheap brass brush for cleaning the grates. I'd much rather buy cheaper brushes (paid $3) and buy more of them than spend alot on one brush that will virtually get beaten, heated, destryoed.

Just my 2 cents

Edit to add. The brass brush has lasted all cooking season and I anticipate it going through most if not all next season

Thanks.

I bought this earlier, but I know there are other Weber sets for about $30, not sure which is better or what the differences are...

Weber 3-Piece Set

Thanks.

I bought this earlier, but I know there are other Weber sets for about $30, not sure which is better or what the differences are...

Weber 3-Piece Set

That is a good set. I would recommend you supplement your set with a second set of tongs if you do a lot of chicken (one for raw meat, one for removing from the grill). You might also consider one that has a different type of grippers from the one in your weber set. I have one that has tapered ends that works better for tube steak and brats than the classic design weber uses.

I have also found the larger Weber fish spatula, that home depot carries in my area, to be great for turning the larger 1/2 burgers we grill up when cousin bubba the beef eater visits.

Another tool I found useful is the large grill daddy pro brush. My brother gave me one as a Christmas gift and my 1st thought was it was a gimmick. But after using it for over a year I must say it is great for cleaning the SS grates on my S-310. As soon as the food is off the grill I pull it out, turn on the water, and scrub the grates clean while they are still hot. I do have a cheap brass brush to work over the grates prior to the next use. I have seen the small drill daddy brush at Home Depot but had to go to may local Ace hardware to find replacement pads for the larger Pro version.

Good Luck

My money says stick with the cheap brass brushes for cleaning the grates. Get an old spray bottle filled with water and then spray it on the brass brush right beofre cleaning the grates (hot grill of course) and watch the stuff disappear