Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vindii

Meat Grinder, Sausage Stuffer, and Slicer/Shredder

I got a couple toys to help in the kitchen. I got the meat grinder attachment, sausage stuffer, and slicer/shredder attachment for my bosch mixer. No action shots yet mailman just dropped them off today.

Here is the grinder. Comes with one plate and one blade.

P11202331024x768.jpg

Grinder and mixer.

P11202361024x768.jpg

Mixer has feet on the back to tip it on its side to mount the grinder.

P11202381024x768.jpg

Grinder ready to go.

P11202401024x768.jpg

Sausage stuffer attachments. Three sizes. Need to get some casings still.

P11202431024x768.jpg

Here is the slicer/shredder.

P11202441024x768.jpg

Comes with 3 blades. Two of them are double sided. Other one is for larger cuts or french fries.

P11202481024x768.jpg

This is the dough hook and mixing bowl the mixer comes with. Kneads great for bread or pizza dough. Dough hook can also be used to mix meat after grinding.

P11202501024x768.jpg

P11202521024x768.jpg

Here are some pics of the attachments in action. Made some hash brown potatoes with the shredder. Shredded 5 large potatoes in about 15 seconds. Tossed it all in the mixing bowl for a few and into the cast iron skillet.

P11202531024x768.jpg

P11202561024x768.jpg

Then I ground up a 8 lb brisket flat and made burgers. Grinder worked great.

P11202631024x768.jpg

Cooked them on the Weber.

P11202641024x768.jpg

I tried my hand a sausage making today. Started with 4 pork butts. We made 5lbs of polish sausage, 5lb of Wisconsin brats, 10lb of hot Italians, and 10lb of breakfast sausage. Bosch meat grinder worked great. Sausage stuffer worked pretty good to. Used the dough hook to mix the meat.

Didn't get any action shots as I was too busy trying to figure out what I was doing. These are half of what is left after vacuum sealing them. Other half I split with my Dad.

P11203811024x768.jpg

P11203841024x768.jpg

P11203851024x768.jpg

Yup! Looks like Xmas came early for someone! :rolleyes:

Nice - I love toys - I've got an old Hobart meat grinder that's on it's last legs. Have to look into buying new & shiny! How'd those patty's turn out? Love the tater shreddar - I love hash browns! Never thought of making my own. Did you mix in any onions with them?

Having a ball viewing your thread here - mikey :P

Yup! Looks like Xmas came early for someone! :rolleyes:

Nice - I love toys - I've got an old Hobart meat grinder that's on it's last legs. Have to look into buying new & shiny! How'd those patty's turn out? Love the tater shreddar - I love hash browns! Never thought of making my own. Did you mix in any onions with them?

Having a ball viewing your thread here - mikey :P

Mikey,

Mixed onions, salt, pepper, and cream of chicken soup into the hashbrowns. Normally they get topped with cornflakes and butter but didnt feel like it this time. Brisket burgers were very good. Not much difference from ground beef.

Raceman,

Yup. It the Bosch Universal Plus. So far I love it. I mixed a dough ball to make 6 14" pizza the other day. Mixer was working but it kneaded it well. That size dough ball would have been hell to knead by hand.

Does the chicken soup go in after the browning? Doesn't that make it a bit wet and mushy? I'm trying to visualize this. I love hash browns, but they are usually a little crispy when done.

Does the chicken soup go in after the browning? Doesn't that make it a bit wet and mushy? I'm trying to visualize this. I love hash browns, but they are usually a little crispy when done.

There not really hash browns like you would get with breakfast. It more of a hash brown casserole. Here is a basic recipe similar to what I did but I used fresh potatoes instead of frozen.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hash-Brown-Ca...-II/Detail.aspx

Got it. Thanks for the link.

I love WaWa hash browns - but they don't have onions (at least I don't seem to taste them). I have one every morning .. ;)

Interesting about the chicken soup - never would have thought that in a hash brown. But it's gotta add a lot of flavor! Man, is this Source nice or what? You learn so much here - even after all these years! :)

Thanks Vindii!

Hashy Mikey

Speaking of which. My wife has a bad cold so I spent the the last 4 hours making her homemade chicken soup.

She just gave it the nod of approval.

Speaking of which. My wife has a bad cold so I spent the the last 4 hours making her homemade chicken soup.

She just gave it the nod of approval.

Yep! That's the cure all for most colds, flu, etc. Well, maybe no cure - but certainly makes you feel better and one of the few foods you can keep down! Kudos for the homemade and not soup-in-a-can! ;)

mikey

Just wanted to say thanks again, Vindii. Followed to here from your current Wings and Pizza thread and really had my eyes opened. Hmmm....

Rich

Nice toys Vindii I still got moms old hand crank bench mount grinder, works good but does require the elbow grease, I assume your electric is dishwasher friendly?

what casings did you use?