Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cuskit

Cold Weather just Plain Sucks!

Well, at least for Miles - our Boston Terrier it does! He just does not do cold! Walks that are a couple miles in the warmer weather are cut down to a brief scurry out the door to do his business, and then back inside - all in a heartbeat. Attached photo was taken while asking if he wanted to take a long walk outside (presently 28 degrees)...

"Do I really have to go out there? I don't see you and Patty going outside and dropping yer drawers!"

MilesCouch.jpg

Well, at least for Miles - our Boston Terrier it does! He just does not do cold! Walks that are a couple miles in the warmer weather are cut down to a brief scurry out the door to do his business, and then back inside - all in a heartbeat. Attached photo was taken while asking if he wanted to take a long walk outside (presently 28 degrees)...

"Do I really have to go out there? I don't see you and Patty going outside and dropping yer drawers!"

MilesCouch.jpg

The south and the north finally merge, it's frikkin cold here as well!

The south and the north finally merge, it's frikkin cold here as well!

I bet Atlanta's idea of cold is not the same as mine in WI or Mikeys version over on the east cost!

I bet Atlanta's idea of cold is not the same as mine in WI or Mikeys version over on the east cost!

What are you taking about, its a chilly 62 degrees outside today???

NOT, high of 34 today...

Dave

What are you taking about, its a chilly 62 degrees outside today???

NOT, high of 34 today...

Dave

Yea - tv weather reports call this "unseasonably cold".. Just hope it not an indication of a bitter winter. My shop has 32' ceilings and it costs a few Webers to heat it each month!

mikey (loving the cold but hating the heat bills)..

Yea - tv weather reports call this "unseasonably cold".. Just hope it not an indication of a bitter winter. My shop has 32' ceilings and it costs a few Webers to heat it each month!

mikey (loving the cold but hating the heat bills)..

Mikey,

Maybe if you put your grill in your shop you can solve two problems. You can lower your heating costs and be able to cook winter pizza!

Dave,

I've been to Atlanta in January and there were still flowers growing. All our plants have wilted away and are in hiding. 11 degree here today.

I still can't remember why I still live here. :blink:

Mikey,

Maybe if you put your grill in your shop you can solve two problems. You can lower your heating costs and be able to cook winter pizza!

Dave,

I've been to Atlanta in January and there were still flowers growing. All our plants have wilted away and are in hiding. 11 degree here today.

I still can't remember why I still live here. :blink:

Vindii - love yer answers! I've actually used my table top grill at the shop many times. Outside though - insurance company might just frown on open flames with all my sawdust, wood lumber (spelled kindling) and highly volatile lacquers... :P:P

My older brother went to college way back in the day in Wisconsin. He called our cold winters here a mild chill after spending winters out there! But it was nice not having to add ice cubes to the liquor..

mikey

Vindii - love yer answers! I've actually used my table top grill at the shop many times. Outside though - insurance company might just frown on open flames with all my sawdust, wood lumber (spelled kindling) and highly volatile lacquers... :blink::P

My older brother went to college way back in the day in Wisconsin. He called our cold winters here a mild chill after spending winters out there! But it was nice not having to add ice cubes to the liquor..

mikey

Sounds like you don't need the grill in the shop then. Just a match and you'll be making pies in no time.

I'm with ya'll -- it's frickin' COLD! This kind of misbegotten weather is why I won't live north of the Mason-Dixon line -- and now ya'll can't even keep it up there where it belongs!

Mikey, my little dog Dante (Affenpinscher) is ok when the temps are in the 30's. Give him a coat and he still wants those long walks (of course part of that may be the long walk hiatus after his knee surgery -- now that he's healing well, he seems to be hell bent).

But at night when the temps drop -- it's different story! Instead of the incessant search for the perfect spot ("C'mon, Dante, do it. PEE, dog!) it's amazing how fast he can dash for the nearest leaves, piss and head back indoors without hardly missing a stride! If it's chilly, he always balks at the top of the porch stairs. But when it's cold like this, as soon as he senses the temp, the pee dash begins!

Rich

Your idea of cold is insane. While in the Navy I was stationed in Iceland for two years and it wasn't anywhere as close to as cold as you get in WI. The only time I've been close was when I went to Antarctica. I was only there for 3 weeks at the end of their summer and I remember it had to warm up to snow.

I now live in the south for a reason. I don't like the cold. The 30's here in Atlanta is too cold for me. I managed to spend 2 winters in Key West and that was my idea of a winter.