Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michelliot

2011 Big Apple BBQ Fest June 11-12, 2011

14 posts in this topic

Can't wait

Check out the views pictures,comments and links from last year:

http://www.bbqsource-forums.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=7162

Had a blast last year.

Mikey, if you read this, try to plan ahead this year.

http://madisonsquarepark.org/things-to-do/calendar/big-apple-barbecue-block-party

Be well,

elliot

I'd like to see us start using the calendar system for these things in addition to posts here...

Dave

Thanks Elliot! It's on my Droid Calendar and plans are being made as I speak to visit with a few relatives! I'm there this year and will post photos and thoughts!

Dave - it's on the calendar, not sure who placed it there, but thanks for pointing out this feature. I was not aware of it (still haven't gone through the whole site yet) but agree it is/will be a valuable asset to our agenda here! Is there a way to have events posted on the calendar pop-up with a "reminder" the day of any particular event?

mikey

Mikey,

T'was I who posted on the actual calendar. It is a great feature and should be used by all when practical.

See you there, and get there early!

elliot

Mike, upcoming calendar events show up at the bottom in the stats section, I can also add a mini calendar to the side bar, let me try that and we'll see how it works...

Elliot, thanks for posting it there...

Dave

I added the mini calendar to the sidebar...

Also added a test event and it shows up as linkable in the mini calender....

Dave - I like it! I've also added another BBQ event here in NJ - it spans July 8-10 this summer. It'd be great if we get a lot of cooperation with this calendar!

mikey :)

excited, hope the weather holds out.

Actually just wanted to get this notice to the top of the thread.

Should be fun

Guess who is working through this weekend.... :(:(

I remember

Yep! I'm in the spray booth all weekend... Not the best as the humidity is off the roof. Thank the Lord for retarder thinner! But I'd just as soon be at the festival. My customers are slave drivers! Only consolation is they pay really well! Many porterhouse steaks coming up after this job!

Keep us posted if you do make it there- love to see some pix if you do.

Another year... ;)

mikey

Sorry Mikey,

I did not take any images yesterday. Met a friend there who purchased a fast pass to lessen the line time, but have to say it wasn't that big a difference. Crowds were slightly less than last year, I guess, due to the threat of rain which didn't fall upon us until after we left.

All in all, a fine sample of American BBQ. Had a taste of each of my favorites: Texas ribs, pulled pork, BB ribs and brisket. Brisket won my choice, maybe because a saw the end cut on the table and requested it with no resistance. Love them spices. BB came in second (caramelized coating), pulled pork, then the texas style (which I happened to like best last year.)

If my son doesn't have too much homework today, and the skies aren't that threatening, perhaps I'll have to head back there today.

Several fun hours that I look forward to each year.

Thinking of ya, maybe next year,

elliot

Actually ended up going back on Sunday with my 14 yr old, rib fanatic, son.

Here's a few pictures to ponder....

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc518/michelliot/NYC%20BBQ%202011/?albumview=slideshow

He said the food this afternoon was orgasmic!

Enjoy