Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dturano547

Dry Aged Porterhouse

I had received some good news at work and decided on the way home to treat my self to a good steak. There a few places on Long Island I would pay good money for top quality steak. One of them is Sals in Massapequa across from the well known All American Burger in massapequa, NY. While I always love there meats I think I may take the suggestion of a friend who recommends a local steak house with a butcher shop, Bryant & Cooper Steakhouse which is not that far from Peter luger who also sells steaks. I love sals dry aged rib eyes and personally am a fan of rib eyes when out at a steak house. Not that the porter was excellant I think for the money I was somewhat torn. I would have enjoyed another steak at a lower cost. Here are some pics. The butcher at sals as always are complete professionals and cut, trim and present the meat before wrapping. All I did was salt and pepper the meat, no marinade needed. I let it rest on the counter in the package for 2 hours. I got the grill hot, put the steak on the hottest part for a minute on each side then transfered to the cooler part for 3 minutes a side. Next time i will leave in the center on my weber sear station for 3 minure each side lid closed, i think i would have achieved a better char, i didnt want to risk leaving this thing on the sear station for to long and rist wasting this steak, figured i could always toss it back on if needed.

I also roasted some brussel sprouts, tossed them in olive oil, fresh chopped rosemary, sall, pepper, and squeezed a little lemon

post-11346-0-94915100-1330933094_thumb.jpeg

post-11346-0-98693200-1330933095_thumb.jpeg

post-11346-0-84382200-1330933096_thumb.jpeg

post-11346-0-78005200-1330933097_thumb.jpeg

Looks good!! How to you like the Weber sear burner. I have a cheap grill with a IR sear burner and love it. But the grill is junk. Looking to buy a weber 670 but Im torn on the sear burner.

Wow! Great job....pics have me craving steak...and it's only 7 am! laugh.gif

I love my weber and got a great deal, if i didnt get the deal I would have got the previous year model without the sear station. the grill gets really hot and i find when I do a lot of steaks I can keep one side hotter and not even use the sear burner and move them to the cool side, or just turn it all up and use the rotis burner and cook great rare steaks in minutes.