Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yooper829

Rub recipes for smoking a pork shoulder

Ok...just pulled it at 190-195.....was going to let it rest a bit but if it doesn't matter Jim I'm goin in for the pull! I'll be back!

Ok...just pulled it at 190-195.....was going to let it rest a bit but if it doesn't matter Jim I'm goin in for the pull! I'll be back!

If you do let it stand the temp will go up, if he doesn't start shredding to your liking, don't be afraid to foil it back up and throw it back on for a few ;)

Assuming you don't have Bear Claws, you may have to pull it apart a bit, let sit, pull again, let sit, etc. It's freaking hot in there!

Really good point, Tubby, on the fact that is a small butt. Really curious to see how it turns out. That meteorite color is wonderful. I do it on a gas grill, so i don't get that color. That is going to taste wonderful...

Assuming you don't have Bear Claws, you may have to pull it apart a bit, let sit, pull again, let sit, etc. It's freaking hot in there!

Really good point, Tubby, on the fact that is a small butt. Really curious to see how it turns out. That meteorite color is wonderful. I do it on a gas grill, so i don't get that color. That is going to taste wonderful...

Sounds like your one of the purists Matt ;) I know guys that will only pull it apart by hand, God gave me a couple forks for a reason, one of them was to pull/shred my pork :D

Ok guys....the verdict is in. Drumroll please!!!!!!!! This was absolutely awesome! Everyone raved about the smoky flavor and how tender it was. I pulled it right away then foiled it on 2 deep dishes until we were ready to go. Then I just heated some stock in a frypan and worked in small batches. Some used the sauce while others did not because it had such great flavor. Thanks again for all the help today guys, it was great advice! I forgot pics of the finished product though! sad.gif Things went so fast once we got started. I do have one just before I pulled it, so that's next....

Ok guys....the verdict is in. Drumroll please!!!!!!!! This was absolutely awesome! Everyone raved about the smoky flavor and how tender it was. I pulled it right away then foiled it on 2 deep dishes until we were ready to go. Then I just heated some stock in a frypan and worked in small batches. Some used the sauce while others did not because it had such great flavor. Thanks again for all the help today guys, it was great advice! I forgot pics of the finished product though! sad.gif Things went so fast once we got started. I do have one just before I pulled it, so that's next....

Good deal Yoop!! a little later I'm going to grill some hot dogs for us :rolleyes: Its memorial day, anything outside will be good.

I think I can speak for us all and say it's our pleasure to offer any advice we can to you, as you have been Johnny on the spot with any grill acquisition and/or parts advice that we made need to keep our grills running B) I will say I enjoyed you being able to speak about actually using your grilling equipment for a change :)

jim

I just caught up here and was glad to hear about the grand finale! Way to go, yooper!

Rich