Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
mattsavard

Adding Ceramic IR Burner to Weber Genesis?

6 posts in this topic

Looking at something like this, the Charmglow IR sear burner: and I was wondering if anything like that bolted directly up to the Weber Genesis or if it's the type of thing that had to be added next to it in an island?

061e918c-0448-43d8-a255-4f1e89f4e75a_300.jpg

Are there any IR burners that could be added (say, in place of the far right (side) burner or sear station burner)?

I'm actually pretty happy with the searing/heating ability of the sear station, but it's in my nature to try to tinker with stuff... so color me curious :D

Looking at something like this, the Charmglow IR sear burner: and I was wondering if anything like that bolted directly up to the Weber Genesis or if it's the type of thing that had to be added next to it in an island?

061e918c-0448-43d8-a255-4f1e89f4e75a_300.jpg

Are there any IR burners that could be added (say, in place of the far right (side) burner or sear station burner)?

I'm actually pretty happy with the searing/heating ability of the sear station, but it's in my nature to try to tinker with stuff... so color me curious :D

Some people just gotta have gadgets, Matt. :D :D

I'm curious too -- so I'll watch your thread. B)

Rich

Hell, I wonder how modular the interface is with the way burners mount up to various grills. If the "plug and play" aspect is the same then I wonder if something like this would just plug into the plate.

41qC5fRrVTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm not opposed to making some light modifications to support the burner if needed... hrm... May need to take a look at the Genesis today and see how the burners mount up. I didn't assemble mine so I have no idea with out going in there and taking a look.

been away for a while and doing some searching...has anybody figured out a way of adding an IR to a genesis? Neighbor just got a Napoleon with the IR side burner and, doing reverse sear all the time, would be great to go straight to searing after low and slow...

Ditto -- bump!