statsman

Dino Ribs - How To Get?

Dino ribs (the beef ribs cut with extra meat behind, not between, the bones)- how do you get them? Do you have to ask a butcher to cut them special for you? Would an upscale supermarket like Whole Foods or Central Market do it?

I'm sure almost any place with a full-time butcher that sells beef ribs could do them for you. Call ahead first to check and in case they need a heads-up. And tell us how they turn out! They're on my short list of to-do items.

I've done a little more research. They're called "beef short loin ribs". Here is an article about a local cook that has pics and details.

http://www.entreedallas.com/2011/12/12/fare-perspective-smoked-beef-ribs/

I talked to the guys at Whole Foods (their meat department is great, and employs the most well-adjusted people in the whole store), and they said they could cut them for me if (when) I ask.

old thread but the best way I've found to get great ribs is to buy a rib roast, cut off the roast leaving as much meat as you wish.....however this will lead to more expensive ribs as if the butcher cuts them you pay about half the price per pound because of the bone. Benefit though is you have a great roast to roto on another day!

Huntspoint.com had the DINO RIBS - Beef Short Ribs BBQ at 7-8 inches long and 2-3 inches thick, thick from New England local farm raised Angus - whole beef is the hung 21 days, traditional dry aging and maximum flavor. You cant find beef like this any longer.

Beef Short Ribs

Weight varies between 3.4 LBS to 5.5 LBS. BBQ Beef Ribs are ready to smoke (Meat is shipped frozen.)

huntspoint-beef-ribs-1.png

Dino ribs (the beef ribs cut with extra meat behind, not between, the bones)- how do you get them? Do you have to ask a butcher to cut them special for you? Would an upscale supermarket like Whole Foods or Central Market do it?

Its not too easy to find great quality Beef Short Ribs bbq from local supermarkets any longer. Huntspoint.com has them

I'm sure almost any place with a full-time butcher that sells beef ribs could do them for you. Call ahead first to check and in case they need a heads-up. And tell us how they turn out! They're on my short list of to-do items.

post-28085-0-68398600-1402199445_thumb.png