MikeL

Genesis Cover Suggestions

Buried in another thread, I found this recommendation: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HCNEWM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered a medium size and have had it for a week. I'm very pleased so far. The fit on my 2013 E-330 is really excellent. It's as though it was designed with the Genesis in mind. It has two covered vents, a storage pocket, and straps that can clip around the wheels. Two handles that make pulling it off a snap. Some rather ineffective drawstrings at the bottom, too.

What I wanted was something inconspicuous, that didn't scream "nice grill under here," as the Weber cover does. So far I'm very pleased, and it seems like a good value for the $30. The construction is pretty good. It's not quite as easy to take off or put on as the Weber cover--it's hard to beat those Velcro straps.

Any other suggestions or experiences? I know a thread like this would have been useful to me when I was shopping.

That looks like a nice piece. May have to get a couple myself

I have had one of those on my AOG for the past three years. Great protection for me around here with all the GU-11's (sea gull's) flying overhead. I know some folks don't believe in covers however I have all my grills covered and have had great success with them.

Sometimes you can find that cover at Northern Tools for $19.95 when they run a sale.

Looks like a rock solid cover for $ 30. I bought two covers from Home Depot about two years ago. They were some generic brand but were really heavy duty and had heavy duty vents stitched into them...clearance at $15/each.. I also bought a cover for my Char-Griller kamado. The covers definitely protect them from rainy and damp,saltwater air...but the vents are crucial.

I think your wise not to advertise desirable and removable items too.

I've had two of these covers, XL, for my two remaining grills for two years now. Much better than the official Weber cover, and the handles make for easy removal. Rain repellant starts to go away if exposed to direct sun after a year or so but still waterproof. Just seems to get wet on top (does not seep through to underside) as opposed to those classic beads of water in the beginning. Might consider a size larger than you think you need as it makes putting on/removal that much easier.

Shelly

I'll add to that....we have the same one for our new grill and so far I love it. For our old Genesis we went through one of the weber covers which eventually became brittle and cracked, and then a generic Home Depot version which wasn't bad but kept flying off on super windy days even with the velcro straps. The Classic Accesories covers are much heavier, and with the draw string and the buckles, it hasn't even come close to coming off, even on the windiest days. I'm not crazy about the khaki color option, but it's definitely a nice color.

I bought this cover in October 2010. It has a rip and is very dirty/mildewy, but is a good solid cover. I'm now looking for another cover. Either another one of the same, or the Weber cover...

Just got one of these from Amazon for $30 delivered. It is very good quality. I am a little concerned about the vents. They are somewhat obscured by the vinyl flaps and I want decent air circulation. I also saw generic covers at BJs that seemed pretty good for $20.

Just an update on the Classic Accessories/Veranda grill cover (to which the first post links.) I bought a medium size in mid-May 2011 for my Genesis, which was a good fit. I agree that its design has several useful features: straps with buckles to anchor the cover to the legs/wheels, vents near the side handles, zipper pocket. Its materials are also quite heavy duty. The outside is a canvas-like material, with a rubber-like interior layer.

After about 2-1/2 years in Seattle, the top developed a tear: not due to any mishandling or snagging on anything sharp. Now after 3 to 3-1/2 years, there are several tears on the top, the cover is stiff and brittle, and every time I remove it, the grill top and tables have a powdery residue from the disintegrating rubberized interior coating. It's easily brushed off, but 3 years looks like the limit of the cover's useful life.

At less than $30, I will probably order another one from Amazon. It may be better than the other covers out there, but I had just hoped for longer life, especially since my grill has been under a covered gazebo (http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12754374) for the past year.

I had a Veranda as well that deteriorated and ripped after a period of time from being in the sun 8 hrs a day. Read the warranty, if it's in the allotted time frame, call manufacturer make a copy of your receipt, take a picture and send it to them. Hopefully, they'll send you a new one as they did me. Unfortunately, it was a large instead of a medium but i'm not complaining, it works fine.

Be well,

elliot

I'll probably order another and do exactly that, thanks.

A question about the large size they sent you. The medium fits my Genesis well, but I wonder if there might be less stress pulling it on and off if it were larger.

Hey steakout,

I don't think there's a stress factor involved here. When I need to order another one i'll go back to medium as well.

Enjoy,

elliot